Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • A3+ printer for architects office
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Any recommendations? I done a load of research and all I can find is conflicting reviews. The favourites at the moment are models from HP and Canon, but thought I would ask if anyone had any real-life experiences/recommendations.

Thanks.

jonesyboy

canon we had was great, but was replaced by a HP Cp1700 – fantastic printer. Separate ink cartridges per colour and print heads. Great print quality and reasonable speed.

Out of interest where are you guys based?

mikey74
    Free Member

That one is unfortunately no longer produced.

We are based in East Grinstead in West Sussex.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Have an HP at the office (can't remember model – off site at the moment) for printing drawings and such. As Jonseyboy – the separate catridges and seperate replacable heads are a nice touch (if pricey). Seems bomb-proof….. and churns out very good photo-quality prints, so I'm told 😉

pjbarton
    Free Member

canon ix5000 – love it

mikey74
    Free Member

Canon no longer do the IX5000: It's either the IX4000 or the IX7000, and I have heard mixed review about them both.

Our current one is the HP 2800 and it has died. Our last few have been HP printers and would like to try something else, but if HP are the most suitable then we will go with HP again.

Sqwubbsy
    Free Member

See if you can get a demo on an OKI Executive Series machine, all their dealers will either carry demo stock or pull on OKI's demo stock. The quality of prints are good and the running costs are a lot less than any of their competitors, typically less than 5.5pence per A4 colour page including all consumables and maintenance.

The ES3640a3 is the model that is A3+ clicky linky

Keith.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘A3+ printer for architects office’ is closed to new replies.