Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A3 key replacement
  • UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Anyone know a cheap way to get a second key for an 2005 Audi A3. Local dealer wants close to £200 notes!

hels
    Free Member

Key cutters ? Just get a turney rather than a clicky one. £20.

Cougar

It’ll almost certainly have some sort of transponder in it for the immobiliser, I’d have thought?

UrbanHiker
    Free Member

Yep, it does all the alarm, immobiliser etc. Not a straightforward key cut situation unfortunately.

Tallpaul

You can buy a new fob, transponder and blank key blade from eBay. The key can then be cut to match but you need the ‘Secret Key Code’ (SKC) and the Audi diagnostic software (VCDS) to get it all working.

Head over to audi-sport.net, there’s a wealth of info. TBH though, to save faff and for peace of mind, I’d just pay the £200. That’s not the most horrendous price i’ve heard for an OEM car key.

mattyfez

Yeh you can save a few quid by buying a blank, but you’ll still need a dealer to code it, depends whether the price difference is worth the effort to you.

mikeyd
    Free Member

I recently bought an A6 with only 1 key,

£200 for a “remote” style spare, or £90 for a plastic wallet type spare.

Went for the wallet type and added key cover to my insurance policy for £1.20 a month.

Also got a local key place to cut a copy of the key (£15) to just open/lock the doors for when doing watersports etc.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Depending on where you are I used this lot for my Skoda. A new key with buttons etc. for £80, and he can come to you.

http://www.autosolutions-autolocksmiths.co.uk/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A3 key replacement’ is closed to new replies.