• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by igm.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • A1 or M1 to Leeds tomorrow afternoon ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Leaving London at 2pm both A1 & M1 are within 15 mins from home

Whats got less road works ?

Many thanks in advance

Tracey

As you get further North, just south of Sheffield there are a lot of roadwork’s with 50mph speed limits and traffic backing up. First lot is just over 20 miles then the next two are about 10 miles each. Avoid if you can

john_drummer
    Free Member

A1 for me from previous experience, although I don’t know what the roadworks situation is these days

stumpy01

A1 will probably move slower in general, but less chance of snarl ups. That’s what I would use.

Not many service stations though….

Ro5ey
    Free Member

A1… so you can eat at the OK Diner

Give yourself an extra 40min traveling time so you don’t have to rush the excellent burgers and great milkshakes

craigxxl
    Free Member

M1 is full of road works with 50mph average speed checks. A1 is full of trucks restricted to 50moh and then trying to overtake each over for a 1mph advantage. Take your pick both and lose either way.

ads678

A1 is a nicer drive, but can be slow if busy with wagons.

+1 for the OK diner, and you could check out one of the multitude of adult shops if the fancy takes you!!

JohnnyPanic

Generally I would say the A1 but beyond the junction with the M18 it becomes a car park on Friday afternoons.

Check out Google Maps / traffic.

johndoh
    Free Member

A1 all the time. I’ve barely known it slower than the M1 and the quieter bits are actually quite pleasant.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

A1 4.5 hrs including 20 min stop and a few hold ups

Left London at 2.15 pm

Cheers one n all

igm

Train at the moment

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘A1 or M1 to Leeds tomorrow afternoon ?’ is closed to new replies.