Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • A Worthy Rant.
  • robsoctane
    Free Member

Hi All,

Firstly, I’m quite new to this forum. I’ve only just found out what trolling is!

This is not me trying to be a troll…

I’m lucky enough to live right beside the C2C in the north of England. I use this track to commute to woods & trails.
    Last weekend I was on my way to the woods & noticed 2 MTBers stopped at the side. I stopped to check that they were ok & they didn’t need help or tools etc. All was well & so I ride on.

Only 1 minute later I saw something very odd – an old women, mounted on a mobility scooter – flying uncontrollably down an extremely steep & rough hill. She crossed my path & landed in a ditch upside down, screaming for help.

I couldn’t keep riding, I stopped to help. I picked her up, picked her scooter up. She was crying her eyes out. The 2 MTBers came past just 1 meter away & had witnessed most of it, certainly heard her screaming. They din’t stop to help & I couldn’t believe it!

The old lady eventually stopped crying & said to me ‘pass me that bottle pet’ – I looked on the ground & saw the main cause of the accident – a bottle, half empty, of Vodka…

People eh?

terrahawk
    Free Member

Belm

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Stinks of troll.

Liftman

Are you ranting at the mountain bikers or the old woman, I’m confused ❓

robsoctane
    Free Member

I’m ranting about the mountain bikers. I honestly expected more.

Trolling is writing to get a rise, I’m not trying to get any rise at all.

RealMan
    Free Member

Don’t drink and scoot, kids.

GavinB

She called you ‘pet’? Aw, bless 🙂

Sorry, who are having a go at? The bikers, the drunk old woman or the fact that if she’d had a 29’er mobility scooter she’d have been fine. I guess it was those small wheels..

Rorschach
    Free Member

So the mountainbikers were drunk on vodka and threw the empty bottle on the floor ,wherein the old lady crashed into it sending her into the ditch?So it’s a littering rant then?I agree…..very poor form.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Not even any CAPS LOCK wording.

Poor.

Good job you were there though, otherwise those other two scum of the earth people riding bikes would have robbed her too.

yunki
    Free Member

so did she take you back to hers for a nightcap..?

robsoctane
    Free Member

If the scooter had 29ers, I wouldn’t have helped. I’d have told them drunken bikers to kick her head in. 😉

project
    Free Member

She obviously had the wrong tyres, and was she fitted with a correctly fitting helmet.

beanieripper
    Free Member

were the 2 mtb riders on funny looking clown bikes, with huge wheels and no gears wearing stw t shirts?

robsoctane
    Free Member

@beanieripper: One had a Met Parachute on his head…

Drac

@beanieripper: One had a Met Parachute on his head…

That’s a yes then.

Some people help others don’t or they could see you were coping and carried on.

Kato

no caps, spelling fine, generally understandable

rant fail

robsoctane
    Free Member

@kato: It’s not only a Muppet that will rant. I can clearly spell & complain at the same time… 😉

@Drac: Most probably. Rant over then. 😳

@DaveyWonderBoy: I may use caps next time.

Maybe she’s a regular and the two bikers see her every week and have learned to ignore her by now.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘A Worthy Rant.’ is closed to new replies.