Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • A world of Acronyms! DER/TER & SAP
  • Stoner
    Free Member

any SAP chaps in here?

To pass building regs a DER must < than the TER, but are there classes of “pass” depending on how small DER/TER is?

and…

if my DER is 7.6 compared to a TER of 20.5 (kg CO /m²/a) despite being a “pass” is it good, OK, outstanding or what?

Stoner
    Free Member

And another thing….

If renewable Heat Incentives are proposed to be paid as a rate (9p/kWh) on the deemed heat requirement for a building (in my case 23,300kWh pa) then there’s a bit of a disincentive to super insulate so long as your DER is < than your TER.

Surely RHIs should be based on yoru heat requirement AND the ratio of your DER to TER to encourage invetsment in insulation first?

Im fully aware it looks like Im talking to myself in here. I can live with that. Wibble. 😉

Rubber_Buccaneer

I don’t even know what you are asking?

There are times when I regret taking on the renovation/extension/building site that I call home. How about you? Will it all be worth the effort when it’s done?

Stoner
    Free Member

oh hell yeah! 🙂

Its come out brilliantly and we love it. Just finished the rainwater downpipes last week. Getting the SAP and EPC done and we can get regs sign off.

Bit of landscaping in the yard to finish off this week and then its just a few days decorating snagging. Leaving the garden till spring next year.

Then a small holiday 😉

How’s your plastering going?

anjs
    Free Member

Not SAP the software company then?

Rubber_Buccaneer

That is what I like to hear Stoner, great to be able to look at the results of all the work and think ‘I did that’

anjs, yeah I thought is it going to be payroll, HR or something else.

Stoner
    Free Member

nope. SAP: Standard Assessment Procedure. Which is still a stupid bloody name as it could be the “Standard Assesment Procedure” for genital wart identification. But it isnt. its a house thing.

Leku
    Free Member

DER is 7.6 compared to a TER of 20.5

that is a very low DER figure. Insulation values do effect DER figure as do air-tightness and heating system.

Stoner
    Free Member

good to know.

Is there a ranking for the DER/TER ratio?

ourkidsam
    Free Member

It’s a complete unknown unknown to me

There are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don’t know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don’t know.

Leku
    Free Member

New Part L 2010 requires 25% improvement. You have a 62% improvement.

Stoner
    Free Member

great. thanks leku.

ourkidsam – it may sound a bit gibberish, but its a quite the truism 😉

firestarter
    Free Member

too many TLA’s here BTW

see what id did there 😉

Rubber_Buccaneer

People laughed at Donald Rumsfeld but that little speech made perfect sense to me. Maybe Donald has dealt with building control too.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

if the work started before 1/10/2010 you’re working under the “old” part L

Are you building a new house or just extending etc?

donks
    Free Member

Lets just hope you achieved at least Code level 4 or above then.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

WTF?

IGMC.

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh please god lets hope its none of those things.

Stoner
    Free Member

Apparently I got to Code 4. Work started in Nov 2009 so older Part L. “New build” conversion of an old barn so tricky to get a great SAP score but Im pretty pleased with the results. At least I hit A in the Environmental rating.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘A world of Acronyms! DER/TER & SAP’ is closed to new replies.