Viewing 8 posts - 201 through 208 (of 208 total)
  • A work dilemma, cycling content
  • LeeW

You’re doing lots of training, can’t you up your workload in the week and use it as a recovery ride?

crazy-legs

I used to go out MTBing with a group local to me – it was handy for finding routes new to me and most of them were thoroughly nice people.

But it was very definitely pootle pace. Stops at the top and bottom of the hill to regroup, quite often a longish lunch stop. It was just a mental thing for me to come to terms with and once I accepted that I was in for a slow and easy day out, it was fine.

Accept it for what it is. Bit of a social spin that may even pay off in terms of your job and you can use it as a recovery ride for you and maybe even help them out with some motivation, encouragement, advice etc.

I’ve done ride-leading/chaperone work on corporate sportive/challenge style events in the past and it’s full of people like that. There’s no sport to be had in out-riding people like that unless they’re being monumental cocks in which case the rules go out the window!

corroded
    Free Member

I think that the best possible result is that they want to go out riding with you again. Just treat it it as career development rather than a training ride.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TiRed

Glad you enjoyed it. It’s not all about pace. Social riding is important too. I spent year’s riding behind my kids at slower speeds than that.

It’s a compliment that they’d like to do it again. Pick a nice low gear and spin along as a recovery ride. And offer helpful tips on group riding for their next sportive. They’ll get faster, make them safter too.

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Be sociable and ride with them. Any way you can adjust your usual riding so this is more of a recovery ride/pootle for you? The more the merrier.

davosaurusrex

Can I just be the first to advise you to do what you’ve already told us you’re doing?

chakaping
    Free Member

Not quite as exciting as the Giro then.

Next week your road bike should develop a last minute fault so that you are forced to ride your Mtb.

Let me know if you want to borrow some super tacky wet screams.

😉

TheBrick
    Free Member

I say keep going just consider it a social ride. Offer the odd tip but don’t patronise. Noone likes to be made to feel small.

Viewing 8 posts - 201 through 208 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘A work dilemma, cycling content’ is closed to new replies.