Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 208 total)
  • A work dilemma, cycling content
  • beej

Eurosport wouldn’t cover this.

You want to give the Bike Channel a ring though, they’ll show anything.

sirromj

i have gone with my snuggest Lycra… so feeling sharp

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Nice and slow with as many pub stops as possible and after two in the sun the rest will follow, the man who drinks with the CEO goes a long way!!

Houns

East Midlands? Bah! Was hoping you’d be going up the sheep walks and I could stand at side of the road cheering you on

giantalkali
    Free Member

Why have you ‘warmed up’ 5 hours before the off? Seems a bit keen

onandon
    Free Member

i have gone with my snuggest Lycra… so feeling sharp

+

doing a warm-up… lunge?

=

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Nice and slow with as many pub stops as possible and after two in the sun the rest will follow, the man who drinks with the CEO goes a long way!!

Or half wheel them to death.

TiRed

Was hoping for skinsuit aero helmet and shoe covers at the very least. That or bring the fixed wheel, just to hold back a little. I presume if you are off for 4hrs it will be 100 km with an hr stop for after ride drinks?

What does a CEO ride these days? Custom Parlee with Super Record or DA DI2? Assos or Rapha?

fifeandy
    Free Member

I hope you’re doing a warm-up

Walking lunges round the office in the snug lycra surely 🙂

joebristol

Far too much talk about wearing your snuggest Lycra in this thread for my liking……

lunge

What does a CEO ride these days? Custom Parlee with Super Record or DA DI2? Assos or Rapha?

Spec Roubaix, Dura-Ace Di2 and discs by the looks of it, looks like a proper bit of kit to be fair. Rapha kit, Spec helmet.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Does he have 20 stem spacers?

MaryHinge
    Free Member

This is turning into a great thread lunge. Keep it up.

Or at least keep up with them!

In the spirit of the thread, I’m secretly hoping they tear you to pieces and you come on here tonight having had a recovery meal consisting of a large slice of humble pie

chilled76
    Free Member

This will be well funny if the op gets his arse kicked.

Looks can be deceiving when it comes to bike fitness to some extent, not so much when it comes to climbs though. But they might ride the op into the ground before this big climb at the end 🙂

teamslug
    Free Member

We are a vindictive bunch!. All the interest on this thread is in the hope that that OP is crushed…but how would we know?. Go pro footage or has anyone in the area got a drone?.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

matts
    Free Member

Ideally you’ll have brought some rollers with you to warm up on from about 2:30.

crazy-legs

This will be well funny if the op gets his arse kicked.

It’ll also be well funny if the OP smashes them to pieces, posts a smug report on here tonight about leaving them in a sweaty heap at the end of the “race” then goes into work on Monday to find a P45 on his desk. 😆

thenorthwind

Bookmarking for later entertainment 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

East Midlands you say?

*rushes out to spray “Allez Lunge” on Beacon Hill*

lunge

You’re all horrible, how dare you wish I get my arse handed to me!

I fear I now have quite a lot of pressure to make this interesting, even if it’s not.

teamslug
    Free Member

Lunge do you have garmin livetrack?. I’ve sat and watched the late Mike Hall’s blue dot on the Tour Divide, I’m in the East Mids later maybe I can give you a sticky bottle if you’re struggling?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve given up on the Giro. This is all I’m focussed on now.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Just don’t be a cock, you’ve got to work for / with them and why purposefully bash their potential ego’s?

Just treat it as a ride and crack on at what ever pace everyone is comfortable with.

Ride the bike & wear what you normally would on such rides.

everyone
    Free Member

Surely Polly Botts or Harby Hill would be better?

sweepy
    Free Member

Is anyone on here going to stand up and admit that they are in fact ‘Speedy Dave’

tomhoward

double post

teamslug
    Free Member

Does Speedy Dave look anything like this?

tomhoward

My money is on that either they stopped at a pub for 2 hours on the sportive, or towed their kids round in a trailer.

Ooor that all this ribbing and slow sportive is an elaborate prank lulling the op into a false sense of cockyness, and they’ll bury him to show him who’s boss.

However, if not, I think the op should post from the top of each climb, whilst he waits for his victims.

matts
    Free Member

Lunge – can you live broadcast the climbs on Periscope?

scud
    Free Member

Whistling is the key…

As they are blowing out of their posteriors, just start whistling, someone did it me and it is really demoralising!

aP
    Free Member

taxi25
    Free Member

Just don’t be a cock, you’ve got to work for / with them and why purposefully bash their potential ego’s?

Just treat it as a ride and crack on at what ever pace everyone is comfortable with.

This 100%. If this is a job your happy with and would like to progress in it this is a great opportunity. Some of our less socially aware posters don’t seem to realise the importance social contact can have in career development. Be friendly and confident but not cocky. Let them know your fitness but now isn’t the time for alpha male nonsense, not from you anyway. With a bit of luck they’ll enjoy your company and ask you out again, that’ll be win win for you. 😀

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

rubbing hands in anticipation of the result of all this!

Bez

Some of our less socially aware posters

Do you mean “some of the posters who are taking this in the light-hearted spirit in which it was intended”? 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

This is quality banter, I don’t think anyone needs to worry. If the boss is genuinely upset that he’s inadvertently hired someone faster than he is, he’s a compete arse.

jimoiseau
    Free Member

My money is on Speedy Dave coming straight on this thread after the ride to gloat about smashing OP to bits after lurking all this time.

njee20
    Free Member

This is quality banter, I don’t think anyone needs to worry. If the boss is genuinely upset that he’s inadvertently hired someone faster than he is, he’s a compete arse.

It’s a funny thing isn’t it, because whilst I presume that most are being light-hearted, it would still be a far braver man than I who went out and utterly ripped off his boss’s legs just for “epic bantz”. I definitely echo the ‘don’t be a dick’ thing. I wouldn’t be able to resist hinting at the fact I was holding back really quite significantly, but hold back I would!

tomhoward

Nah, admittedly I’m not in the upper echelons of the corporate world, but if any of my superiors are on a ride with me, imma try and tear their legs off. Mainly because I’m as fit as I’ve ever been at the moment, and getting fitter, so everyone is fair game at the mo

molgrips
    Free Member

it would still be a far braver man than I who went out and utterly ripped off his boss’s legs just for “epic bantz”

Well I dunno. I have workmates whose legs I would cheerfully rip off if I were able to. But that’s cos he does it to me, and it’s all in good fun.

The thing is, they started a bit of light hearted competition, so I think it’s all fine. As long as he doesn’t power up every climb and stand there crowing, it’ll be fine. Just edge ahead a little, see if they blow – if they do, stay with them on their limit and look fresh. That’s all that’s necessary 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 208 total)

The topic ‘A work dilemma, cycling content’ is closed to new replies.