Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • A word of warning about PROVIS
  • andysredmini
    Free Member

Following on from the thread about the really bad fit of a provis coat the wife bought me for Christmas I have just found out that she has had a nightmare trying to get a refund and has only just received the money. Despite her following the returns procedure to the letter they just haven’t bothered answering her emails and when she has got replies after posting on social media they have replied with what seems like delay tactics. It’s taken over a month.

Anyway it’s just a word of warning that the coat is rubbish and it appears that so is their customer service.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/proviz-reflect-360-awful-fit

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Also rip off other people’s ideas…..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Never heard of them before, just had a look. **** me! You could get rid of all your bike lights with one of those. What’s a similar sort of jacket by a brand that fits?

THis guy doesn’t look happy with the fit…..

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    andysredmini
    Free Member

That’ photo is a good example of how bad the fit was. You could get two peoples arms in each sleeve but it was really tight across the shoulders then baggy in the middle.

The wife ended up buying me a £4 coat from the Aldi clearance which is around half reflective material. I wasn’t expecting much but as it’s only for commuting I gave it a try. It’s so much better than the provis one. Fits well and is higher quality.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

David, an Altura NightVision jacket is streets ahead.

As is anything from Madison, Pearl Izumi, Showers Pass, Aldi, Scott, Bontrager, Endura, Specialized, Etc, etc, etc, etc.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

That’ photo is a good example of how bad the fit was.

Yeh, it looks knackered!

David, an Altura NightVision jacket is streets ahead.

As is anything from Madison, Pearl Izumi, Showers Pass, Aldi, Scott, Bontrager, Endura, Specialized, Etc, etc, etc, etc.

Ta; have heard of the Altura, but didn’t realise is was really reflective, guess the clue’s in the name…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Altura stuff is actually excellent on the reflective front. Even more so if you use reflectives on your legs, obviously.

A fully reflective jacket will always be a massive compromise, even without the rubbish fit and rubbish service.

scaredypants

THis guy doesn’t look happy with the fit…..

actually did LOL at that 😀

survivor

Just for a bit of balance I ordered an XL night rider from proviz on sale at about £50. Was to big overall so sent back. They weren’t exactly quick answering emails but it went back a week later and refunded minus postage (bit stingy I thought but no biggy)

Got a large from halfords instead as they had them for £40. Good fit and nice jacket really. Bit warm but I’ll only be using it on dark winter nights so with a thin summer riding top on underneath it’s about right.

I think the newer ones which include the night rider have better sizing than the original all refeclitve jackets as I’ve no complaints on fit.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘A word of warning about PROVIS’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts