Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • A "what would you do?" question.
  • LardLover
    Free Member

I’m selling a set of cranks for a road bike and there’s a guy in Singapore who wants them. He has only posted once on the forum I have them advertised on although he has been a member for nearly a year.

I’ve told him I’ll only ship to Europe (to a verified paypal address). He says he has a friend in the UK who will pay for them (paypal) and then he (the friend) will forward them on to the buyer so that I am receiving payment from and shipping to a verified paypal address.

Am I just being too nervous that I’m going to get stung or should I take his money and secure a sale??

Ta.

Mackem

Take the money.

KT1973
    Free Member

Wait for the money to clear and then you should be OK. There’s quite a few expats (and locals I’m sure) in singapore into MTB. A couple who post here too.

beej

So from your point of view, you are selling them to someone in the UK, who’ll pay you via paypal and you’ll be shipping to their UK paypal address?

Seems OK. Ignore the fact that the friend has to ship them onwards, and make that clear in the transaction.

higgo
    Free Member

I sold some antiques to a chap in Singapore. Except that they were paid for (PayPal) and sent to a friend of his in Sussex who forwarded them on. It all went fine.

LardLover
    Free Member

So from your point of view, you are selling them to someone in the UK, who’ll pay you via paypal and you’ll be shipping to their UK paypal address?

Yup, I’ll be selling them to a verifed UK paypal’er. I’ve made it clear that I will only do this and the buyer is happy with that.

I think I’m just being a little over-cautious.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

What beej said. Just make it clear your transaction is with the UK and you dint ship outside of Europe. Hope it goes well.

Hairychested
    Free Member

The friend could send you a postal order, 100% security. Unless Paypal is as a gift.

LardLover
    Free Member

Cheers chaps.

carlosg
    Free Member

+ only post Registered Delivery.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A "what would you do?" question.’ is closed to new replies.