Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • A weekend in the Peaks – recommendations?
  • PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Going up to visit my mate this weekend. He has recently moved to just outside Stoke, so thinking a mission into the Peaks is needed. Can anyone recommend me some good riding for a full day out?
    Both fairly fit, love the downhills, so the steeper/faster/techier the better.
    Cheers!

sambob
    Free Member

Start in Hope. If you’ve got a GPS i’ll email you a gpx file of a decent ride including the Beast and Lockerbrook.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

That would be great. Got a gps and a good old OS map, so any pointers will be greatly appreciated.

email is in profile Sambob, cheers.

hoochylala
    Free Member

If it stays dry this weekend, I think a ride including cut gate would be great for you. We all getting excited about it on the other thread! 🙂 dependng how fit your feeling it could be included in a loop with some classic ladybower stuff. Sure someone will be along shortly with a gpx.

sambob
    Free Member

YGM PocketShepherd.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Cheers for that Sambob. Looks good.

Hoochylala, where abouts is cut gate, North or South of Derwent Reservoir? Sounds like the place to be.

sambob
    Free Member

North east Pocketshepherd, between Langsett and Derwent reservoir.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Excellent. Thanks again. As long as I have a rough idea of the right area to explore the map will do the rest. 🙂

hoochylala
    Free Member

I have a JPEG with cut gate route indicated on it roughly if you want me
    to send it to you? May be of some use.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘A weekend in the Peaks – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.