Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • A week off in October, which website is good to try for a cheapie?
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

So we’ve got a week in October & am looking for a website that will ask me 3 questions, ‘when can you go’, ‘where from’, & ‘how long for’. Not ‘where to’ as wer’e open to ideas. Most sites want to know a specific location but I’m sick of entering a certain location on every try then being told ‘nothing matches your criteria’!
    For instance, it’s a week from 4th October from either Leeds, Manchester or Donny to anywhere warm, nice & near the sea/beach.
    Travel agent 2 weeks before?

dknwhy

Holiday pirates and keep an eye on the deals nearer the time.

poolman
    Free Member

I just bought return flights Alicante – Manchester 15 oct – 5 nov. My rental villa with pool is empty those dates if you want it just pay the running costs (say 100 gbp) & its yours. Good biking from the door but lazing by the pool usually wins.
    email in profile

finbar
    Free Member

Poolman, if esselgruntfuttock doesn’t take you up on your kind offer I’ve got a week off toward the end of October and I’d potentially be well up for subletting your villa 🙂 ?

poolman
    Free Member

well you can both have it if your dates don’t double up – do your own cleaning & laundry & I only want the running costs as stated.

Here’s the link for shameless plug

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p7849

Sue_W
    Free Member

Poolman, if there’s a spare week, I’d definitely be interested.

poolman
    Free Member

my last paying guests leave 5 oct & I am not doing any more commercial lets after that this year so anyone wanting a near freebie can have it. I can get a friend to look after the pool & divvy up the cost.

I would prefer guests to do their own cleaning & laundry at the end but I can get someone in at your cost.

Flights are c 100 gbp return (avoid Saturdays & half term), hire car c 80 gbp pw, villa utilities say 100 gbp tops (incl wifi).

finbar
    Free Member

YGM Poolman, sounds perfect 🙂

Pigface
    Free Member

That 2 star review is ridiculous 🙄

Sven

Hi poolman/Neil, I would certainly be interested as well, just about to book flights to Valencia, not Alicante, dropped you an eMail.

poolman
    Free Member

Update on avails:
    Let Finbar 11-18 oct
    Let SueW 18-25 Oct
    Sven – you can have 25th onwards

Enjoy!! Thanks Pigface, the 2 star reviewer wanted a refund before they even stepped into the villa. If they are still married I’ll drink the contents of the pool.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Neil, (I’ll mail you tonight from home, can’t get the piccies up at work) & thanks for your kind offer!

cb

poolman – don’t want to take the piss here but are other dates available as well? Later this year or early next? WOuld be kids hols time which you might already be fully booked up for?

No probs if not possible.

Cheers

poolman
    Free Member

Essel – I let the above dates, we did email you this morning to give you first dibs.
    CB – sorry its just while I am away & the villa would be empty, I prefer to see it being enjoyed rather than empty.

Sue_W
    Free Member

A huge thank you to Poolman for being so generous 🙂 Big thumbs up to you!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Essel – I let the above dates, we did email you this morning to give you first dibs

Bugga! I’m at work all day so couldn’t check my yahoo mail! Never mind thanks again &….maybe some other time?
    (Wouldn’t care, we love that area) 😥

finbar
    Free Member

Thanks so much Poolman. Can’t wait 😀

Sven

Big thanks to poolman from here as well, looking forward to the half-term holidays in autumn more now than to the summer holidays…

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hats off to Poolman, thats me booked for early October!

poolman
    Free Member

all gone now as follows:
    Essel 5-11 oct
    Finbar 11-18 oct
    Suew – 18-25 oct
    Sven – 25-29 oct

Sorry anyone who missed out, if it goes well I may repeat October 15.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘A week off in October, which website is good to try for a cheapie?’ is closed to new replies.