Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • a week of 7 stanes
  • neilnevill
    Free Member

I'm thinking of a week in Scotland, 7 stanes (mabie, kiroughtree, Ae, Inners, Dalbeatie, glentress anyway) drumlarig…maybe some other stuff. Only a fancy some company and some other riders to share the costs (petrol, b&b twin room kind of thing) but don't have any regular riding buddies currently ….so I'm whoring myself out on STW 😯

I'm located in London (nr crystal palace), no set dates but I'm thinking later half of August or early September (Jury duty start of Aug so has to be later).

I have a car large enough for driver plus 2, plus bikes, or happy to chip in with others, hire a van, whatever.

So, anybody interested? I'm sure we could sort out a ride or 3 before hand to ensure we get along.

Xylene
    Free Member

If you are heading up that way you should stop at Hamsterley and Chopwell on your way to the borders.

neilnevill
    Free Member

thanks for the tip, I'll look into them.

philjunior
    Free Member

There's a London mountain bike club based on Yahoo (or at least there was when I lived there a couple of years back), you should try meeting up with them for a pint sometime, then get out riding with them – they're a good social friendly bunch of riders.

That's what I did when I stayed in London, and you might find a couple up for a 7stanes trip.

neilnevill
    Free Member

Ah cheers, I'll search for that.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Seriously, Although I love the 7 stanes centres, Don't drive all that distance just to ride 'em, there is so much more to Scotland than trail centres (ditto Wales, the lakes etc…).

simonralli2
    Free Member

At that time I will be back in Dumfries and will not be working. Thing is I have a bit of a dodgy knee right now so that may not have healed, but if I am up and riding I could well be up for a few rides. Get in touch nearer the time. Whatever happens I am sure you will have a great time.

neilnevill
    Free Member

I used to live in Bristol until a couple of years ago so have ridden a lot of Wales, south, mid, northm natural and trail centre, love it, but fancy something different. I've ridden the stanes I mention a couple of times before, love the blacks and reds…they're fun and having only done them twice I'm not bored of them yet. I'm not fixed on any itinary though and would love to be shown some other stuff by some locals.
    Simon, meeting up would be cool, I hope your knee heals and yes, I'll be in touch 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Yeah, you may want to join one or two of us locals as for example Dalbeattie has some exceptionally good natural bits to add into the hard rock mix 8)

Even if I am not riding feel free to come for a night of karaoke at the Hole in the Wall 😀

Trekster

And if you fancy some of this……..

simonralli2 – Member
    Yeah, you may want to join one or two of us locals as for example Dalbeattie has some exceptionally good natural bits to add into the hard rock mix

Even if I am not riding feel free to come for a night of karaoke at the Hole in the Wall

Not the Hole in the Wa 👿
    Hi Si, welcome back. Currently in Canada 8)

simonralli2
    Free Member

Hiya! You'll have to wait a month for the big homecoming – Dumfries is safe till 3rd August. 😀

neilnevill
    Free Member

Was thinking of staying near Dalbeatie, if the b and b I used last time has space – lovely b and b….just got to find its details again!

some natural stuff round there would be great. I night out in dumfries could be fun too 🙂

Xylene
    Free Member

I night out in dumfries could be fun too

Now you are talking crazy talk. Have you escaped from somewhere?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘a week of 7 stanes’ is closed to new replies.