Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A week in Harlow for work. Is it worth taking my bike?
  • Milky
    Free Member

So this week I shall be residing in Harlow for the purposes of work and I don’t know the area at all. Is it worth taking my bike?
    I’m hoping some of you guys are going to tell me of an awesome place nearby I can go for some night rides! Waymarked would be nice so I don’t have to Navigate somewhere unfamiliar in the cold and dark!

Andy

Epping near by. Muddy but fun. Try this bunch http://www.mbro35.co.uk/

Trimix
    Free Member

In the dark anything is quite good fun.

Including riding your bike 🙂

mrfrosty
    Free Member

Eppings ok. I uesd to go to harlow a few times a month. I’d do a bit at epping or get some miles in the lanes or canal path just to keep the fitness tickig over. Worth taking your bike any cycling is better than none.

audiophile
    Free Member

Path along the River Stort is good if weather is bad. Epping is fun but the Essex clay is a nightmare in winter.

Milky
    Free Member

Thanks guys. I’m going to give Epping a go but I get lost easily in the trees! Are there marked trails at all? I’m going to try and tag along to the Wednesday night ride with the MBRO35 bunch that Andy mentioned.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Epping??? But it’s Muntjac feeding season! 😯

The Muntjacs will be out and about at this time of year, fattening up for the spring. They will eat anything and everything. Dogs, cats, cahs- the lot. Be careful because one could jump out at you and rip your throat out and then eat your legs as you drown slowly in your own blood. Happens quite a lot.

I seen one once, and it looked at me funny, but I ‘had a word’ with it, and it ran off.

Look at them! Evil. Speshly the little one.

forgotmename
    Free Member

If you do take it, keep an eye on it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A week in Harlow for work. Is it worth taking my bike?’ is closed to new replies.