Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • A wee adventure…
  • stevomcd
    Free Member

Interesting day on the trails today. A guest managed to lose it in the worst possible place on an exposed trail. He was fine, but we heard the bike crashing down the mountain-side for a solid 10 seconds or so. Couldn't see any sign of it from above or below and the ground is way too dangerous to try to climb down.

I've just got back (at 1030pm!) from going back up there with ropes and harness and all the gear. It took 2 abseils (so about 75m vertical) to find the bike, then another 3 to get down safely. Bike is OK – just a broken brake lever and mech hanger!

All in a day's work… 8)

robhughes
    Free Member

cool tale.you addicted to the mountains aswell.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Blimy your guest was a bit lucky! Where to?

racefaceec90

definitely more interesting than my day.

taka
    Free Member

this thread is useless with out pics! 😆

robhughes
    Free Member

taka. it,s a (wee adventure) not a slide show

taka
    Free Member

yeh so…

robhughes
    Free Member

people often carry cameras white abseiling down a cliff face with a mountain bike

stevomcd
    Free Member

Someone did take photos from above, but he couldn't figure out the zoom on my camera so they might not be great – haven't had a proper look yet!

cool tale.you addicted to the mountains aswell.

Totally. Now get to ride snowboards all winter and bikes all summer, still can't get enough. 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Not the same area where Chris decided to shortcut three switches-back aye Steve?

Stuart

taka
    Free Member

idid somthing like that but not a drematic coming down from heptonstall i slipped on a big wet slab and went over t wall and down a big wed muddy nettley enbankment my mate's just stood and 😆 i looked like i had chickenpox for 3 days after :mrgreen:

stevomcd
    Free Member

Stuart:

Nah, this was on the big traverse trail in Sainte Foy ("There's Been Another Murder") that we did on the damp 2nd morning (after the climb to "The Anthill Mob" and before "Ace of Spades). There really is some serious fall potential round there. Mostly wide, flowy trail but you don't want to come off!

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Damn it stop mentioning those trail names! I wanna ride them now!

stevomcd
    Free Member

Haha, sorry dude – I rode all of those plus The Trail of 1,000,000 switchbacks, Veni, Vidi, Vici and Helter Skelter today!

Saw the Bike Village van at the top of Veni, Vidi, Vici – how dare they! 😉

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Veni, Vidi, Vici is so damn flowy and fast. And we totally closed down The Trail of 1,000,000 switchbacks 8)

I think people need to move along, nothing to see in that area anymore.

ojom
    Free Member

it were a fine week.

what was it you said about our group steve? "like riding with mates, not guiding…"

it was a great time. still rant and rave about it,

the whisky and rye second time round was simply my finest moment on a bike.

(played scrabble yet?) 😈

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘A wee adventure…’ is closed to new replies.