Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • A wasp. In February.
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just had to dispatch a flipping wasp that was buzzing around Little Miss CFH’s bedroom.

It’s February, FFS! Can’t the buzzy barstewards at least wait until the clocks change?

scotroutes

We’ve had midges reported too.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yup, seen them down here too.

Birds are going bonkers, sounds like they think it’s Spring. Wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t start building a nest soon.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Maybe it was attracted by your exotic shoe collection.

Do you have a pair of Waspadrilles?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

You got a wood burner? I get the odd few in winter, I assume they are brought in on the logs, and the heat of the house gets them going.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    You got a wood burner? I get the odd few in winter, I assume they are brought in on the logs, and the heat of the house gets them going.

Duh!

It’s STW….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No wood burner. Does an Aga allow me to retain an account here?

Cougar

Had a bluebottle in here last week.

failedengineer

Was buzzed by a wasp in Kelso. It seemed a bit half-hearted.

rOcKeTdOg

Massive bumble bee at cannock on friday

slowbloke
    Free Member

There was one buzzing round the kitchen last week. Shame I discovered this by standing on it with no shoes on. Mind you, even the sting was a bit half hearted. It disappeared before I could convince it to go outside so no doubt I’ll be getting stung in the foot again soon.

moreupsthandownz
    Free Member

Had to bat a wasp away last week but it was in Malta! 😆

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Tend to get a lot of flies coming up from the cellar. Not sure how long the wife’s been down there now.

br
    Free Member

Here too, a couple over the last few days.

#stw

Lives in a renovated mill, has a woodburner and an AGA 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Lots of Ladybirds in my house today…

DT78
    Free Member

Found several in the house we’ve moved into. Seem to be hibernating in and around the combi. Got rid of all those I found. Worried might be a nest but can’t find evidence of a live one

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

It aint the wasps you should be worried about.

http://pmj.bmj.com/content/80/949/663

Just imagine the shock that the lyme lot are going to have. Somethig worse than lyme? No **** waii 😀

docrobster
    Free Member

I had to kill a whopper of a wasp last Friday.
    No woodburners or agas involved

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Lots of Ladybirds in my house today…

Houns

Wasps, bumble bees and honey bees spotted over this last week. Midges batted from face too

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Allegedly Cromwell caught malaria in the Irish bogs, and some of Wellington’s soldiers had caught it in the Walcheren campaign.

jonnyrobertson

Saw a Small Tortoiseshell yesterday. In balmy Nottingham.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Allegedly Cromwell caught malaria in the Irish bogs, and some of Wellington’s soldiers had caught it in the Walcheren campaign.

Cheers for that little bit of info, I actually find that genuinely interesting slowoldgit, I’ve been getting into my medical history a bit recently.

*googles furiously* 😀

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Aga, Log Burner, Open Fire, No wasps but the dog ate a spider in the house today – have seen some ants about.

wilburt
    Free Member

15 celsius last night in Suffolk according to my car.

bikebouy
    Free Member

18C on the coast coming back from the beach !! Ok, didn’t last long and dropped to 16C for the remainder of the afternoon, but still.

Looking like today could be just short of that, not much though.

#halftermhilarity

globalti
    Free Member

We’ve had a couple of mosquitos and a ladybird this week and queen wasps aren’t uncommon if we disturb them hiding somewhere.

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

funny CFH – my daughter called me upstairs in a slight panic last night. Turns out it was a wasp buzzing around. Lots of missing the blighter with a towel.

This warm spell will have us humans going barmy as well now.

petec
    Free Member

it was probably a queen wasp. they obviously hibernate over winter (otherwise there’d be no wasps….). The warmish weather (or logs being brought in) will wake them up.

And the fens and norfolk had malaria for centuries. If you read history books and see a disease called the ague – it’ll be that.

I studied parasitology at uni – parasites are really amazing adapters for life. They help drive evolution.

unovolo
    Free Member

Was in Whitby at the weekend and noticed midges and a solitary Bumblebee,seen quite a few ladybirds in houses I have been in over the last week too.

NewRetroTom

I saw loads of newts on the road on the way home today. Surely that can’t be normal for just outside Edinburgh in February?

crankboy
    Free Member

Two weeks ago I put on a shirt I’d left on a peg at work overnight . seconds later massive pain in armpit followed by angry buzz as huge wasp flew out of my shirt . I had forgotten how much wasp stings hurt.
    On the early spring point we have frogs in our pond already the nightly orgy has not yet started but croaking has.

darrell
    Free Member

aint nought around these parts yet

brocks
    Free Member

Frogspawn in grizedale forest at weekend must be mild!

jambalaya
    Free Member

No wood burner. Does an Aga allow me to retain an account here?

Yes but not worth a P

Jamie
    Free Member

Just had to let a honey bee out. Felt bad unleashing Storm Doris on his ass, but these streets bee tough.

cantbikewanttobike
    Free Member

my dad got stung on the ear by a wasp yesterday, little blighter was sitting in his hood!

ctk
    Free Member

Bee sniffing ’round the soon to be opening daffs yesterday.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

my dad got stung on the ear by a wasp yesterday, little blighter was sitting in his hood!

Could’ve been a lot worse.

ourmaninthenorth

It aint the wasps you should be worried about.

http://pmj.bmj.com/content/80/949/663

Just imagine the shock that the lyme lot are going to have. Somethig worse than lyme? No **** waii

My grandfather-in-law caught malaria in the UK 50 years ago. He never left the British Isles in the 84 years he lived….

Whereas I caught malaria from Zimbabwe 20 years ago and, though I’ve never knowingly had a recurrence, I still can’t give blood.

(We also had a wasp at the weekend – came in with the wood (natch) and the kittens learned the hard way that playing with wasps has consequences…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘A wasp. In February.’ is closed to new replies.