Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • A warranty tale.
  • druidh
    Free Member

About 18 months ago, I bought myself a new lightweight sleeping mat for backpacking/bikepacking – the Pacific Outdoor Peak Elite AC. Really small and light, nice design to stop you rolling off it and I even got a good deal at NeviSport in Aviemore. Fast foward 16 months or so and I take it on a trip only to find it’s not holding air. I can’t find the leak but fortunately get by.

When I get home, I fill the bath to find the leak and it turns out I’ve not punctured it, it’s actually leaking at a weld. A bit of googling suggests that this was a manufacturing fault with a bunch of the mats. Looking for some sort of warranty department, I find out that Pacific Outdoor are no more and the products are now being sold by a new company, Hyalite. Thinking this isn’t going too well, I get in touch with them and they give me the name of their UK distributor – Burton McCall. A phone call to them suggests I could send the mat back, but how old is it? Hmmm – 18 months. And do I have a receipt? Hmmm – no.

Anyways, a courier just dropped off a brand new replacement. Nice to see that some companies still have a customer service ethic.

jimmy

you made them an offer they couldn’t refuse?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Best check mine, I think it’s got the same problem.

Jamie
    Free Member

Aww. I was hoping this was about the ‘other’ thing.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

Aww. I was hoping this was about the ‘other’ thing.
    Posted 24 seconds ago # Report-Post

druid’s other inflatable product that he burst?

druidh
    Free Member

The leak in mine was at the top of one of the welds that makes the “tube” shape.

Oh – and this one is still staying up

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

For now, but it only takes a small prick.

rOcKeTdOg

😀

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I had a similar replacement experience with the Movement Ski importer. I had a delam problem on some skis over 12 months old, called them up and sent some photos as requested – the next day a brand new pair arrived via courier. Fantastic customer service.

cynic-al
    Free Member

**** me that actually is druid’s 😐

Houns

Heh heh ah days of old

ton

talking of warrenty…….i am having to drive to suffolk next weekend, to get a full cash refund for my broken leccy bike.

it is costing me a night in a posh pub with the good lady….so kinda killing 2 birds with 1 stone. 😐

mcmoonter
    Free Member

talking of warrenty…….i am having to drive to suffolk next weekend, to get a full cash refund for my broken leccy bike.

Ton, what failed on it?

ton

the frame snapped dead center of a weld.

Houns

Electric bike being crap shocker

Pun intended

julesf7
    Free Member

Sounds about right, Burton McCall’s customer service is rather impressive. I had a nice Recta compass, about 15 years old, that had developed a bubble in the damping fluid many years ago after being in the hold on a plane trip. Cue me getting a little fed up and, to be honest, chancing my arm since it was bought in the Netherlands anyway and asking if they could refill it. Roll on 10 days and a brand new compass delivered free of charge..pleasantly flabbergasted.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘A warranty tale.’ is closed to new replies.