Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • A very Singletrack afternoon…
  • Merak

The afternoon came alive for me today. Splitting logs with my maul in the garden very satisfying, no Audi in the drive though.

scotroutes

More Singletrack than mine. I was out riding a bike.

Merak

Touché 🙂

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I was down the pub(s) 😆

PiknMix
    Free Member

I was turning some of my lawn into a rose bed, only to find a bloody patio about a foot down. Another fun day ahead tomorrow.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

no Audi in the drive though.

I thought some sort of Skoda Octavia or dodgy 10 year old diesel that gets 60 mpg (honest) was forum motor of choice

Alphabet

I’ve been splitting some small logs for kindling with my cheap hatchet and will be splitting proper logs tomorrow. The SO’s Audi will be in the drive later when she gets in.

Just got to get round to building my pizza oven for more STW points 😆

househusband

We went to visit three-day old puppies with a view to getting one, which we are, and also bought inside some firewood that I’d cut and split last year. I’ve also had two coffees made with my Aeropress.

No bikes at all involved so a pretty STW day all in all.

EDIT: And I wore brand new Japanese selvedge jeans all day.

jimmy

We went to visit three-day old puppies with a view to getting one, which we are

ooooh what is it?

scotroutes

A baby dog, but that’s not important right now…..

jimmy

With that response your day just got more STW 🙂

samunkim
    Free Member

MCWCB day for everyone then ?

househusband

We went to visit three-day old puppies with a view to getting one, which we are

ooooh what is it? [/quote]

Yup, it’s an ‘ickle baby dog – he’ll be one of these whippets:

spacemonkey

Alphabet, are your pizza oven specs online? Am looking at possibly building one this summer.

Merak

I’ll see your whippet and raise you my working cocker whilst I sip a Tobermory in front of my wood burner.

Again, no cycling of any kind was done today.

martinhutch

raise you my working cocker

Sniggers

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Needs to be a Border terrier for STW doesn’t it? Still better than a cat or a fat bike.

bearnecessities

Today I took a picture and dug a trench.

May not seem very STW, but it will be shortly followed by a thread asking for help when I realise I’m out of my depth planning a driveway or rebuiding a retaining wall.

Maybe I need a “rebuild my retaining wall or replace with a driveway?” thread first.

..and yes, my fence is borked.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I had to fix my log splitter after a catastrophic failure when a weld failed 😯

I made up some brackets and have reinforced the vulnerable area, then split a trailer load of logs to test it.

jimjam
    Free Member

Split some logs. Set the stove. Cleaned the bike. Then spent a few hours pulling bits off one of the two Subaru Legacys on my driveway. Not bad so far, soo be time for a Belgian beer.

Merak

Wife is at Waitrose buying Belgian beer as we post. Once again no cycling done today or tomorrow despite the fact I have a collection of bikes into double figures of varying wheel sizes.

Obviously I sport a beard but have recently decided to break from the pack with a moustache.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Belgian beer, you say? I forgot I had a stash left over from last weekend when I helped some mates clear some trees. Nips out to the pantry. I’ve cut and stacked the logs, time for a beverage me thinks. 😀

grum
    Free Member

OP I hope the maul was a Gransfors.

Merak

Mcmoonter wins! Is that a Corniche!?

Slummed it with a Rougneck Maul, I feel dirty.

jimjam
    Free Member

I’m comforted by the fact that although Mcmoonter has a Rolls and a castle(or so it seems), we are drinking the same beer.

but I’d never let a robot slit my logs for me

bikebouy
    Free Member

A not so typical day for me but probably very STW..

Breakfast in the Hills at our fave cafe.. Drive back and a pop into Waitrose to buy food, sauntered off home and had late lunch then sat on the sofa watching Strada Bianche, fettle the CX’er and now 5 episodes of Wallendar..

All done whilst the Sun shone brightly, bit breezy mind.

But I put it all down to resting and preparing for racing tomorrow.

8)

donald
    Free Member

Are you going for the Livestrong one?

TheBrick
    Free Member

I like the stacked bushel style of log heap!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Is that a Corniche!?

Yes, but it’s very rusty and it only leaves the garage when I need to get in to do some repairs under cover.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Does a new merino and possum wool hat count as STW? I’ve also used my aeropress twice, ate a raspberry chocolate truffle and some sticky toffee pudding.

mikey9
    Free Member

DONT let anyone wash your possum and merino hat – (ever or with anything else_ or it will (like mine does now) fit the cat instead.
    It used to be sooooo cost under my helmet too.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I used my french press twice

Serviced my bangernoics french berlingo,

Worked on my old land rover

Lit the stove.

No t5s were harmed in this production.

dti

i’ll see your aeropress and raise you – fixed my presso today – including the gear bearings.

joat

I’ve ridden my road bike.

ratadog

Just got to get round to building my pizza oven for more STW points

That’s so last year in our garden.

scotroutes

At least my ride was on a mountain bike. I’ve always felt I just don’t belong here. It’s like that thing when you convince yourself you were really adopted.

ffej
    Free Member

I plumbed in a shower for our main bathroom and almost flooded the loft when the 22mm hot feed I cut in to wasn’t as isolated as I thought. My speed-fit plumbing was indeed speedy.
    Oh, and walked the dog twice (springer) – didn’t touch the log burner.. Not cold enough on the south coast today.

J

Alphabet

Alphabet, are your pizza oven specs online? Am looking at possibly building one this summer.

I’ve got various bookmarks on my laptop with diy build guides but haven’t decided on which to attempt.

molgrips
    Free Member

I fixed my forks, tended sick children, went shopping and bought a nee jet washer, a carpet offcut for the caravan and some secateurs. My evening consisted of helping a three year old get to sleep after a long sickness induced nap during the day. Took 3 hours.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

And this afternoon I went shopping for vinyl and thought about riding my bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘A very Singletrack afternoon…’ is closed to new replies.