Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • A very courageous man
  • noteeth
    Free Member

Sheik Umar Khan.

Duty of care, to the very last.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Respect

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In every house where I come I will enter only for the good of my patients

Heroic actions.

chewkw
    Free Member

Ebola will be the next epidemic if it is not contained.

RIP Brave man.

globalti
    Free Member

Eeek! My Naija colleague and his family arrived on KLM on Saturday morning saying that on the flight from Lagos to Amsterdam one woman vomited all the way and one man stood up and collapsed in the aisle. I hugged his wife and daughters and shook his hand – am I doomed?

Seriously though, Lagos is a filthy place with poor hygiene and is smaller than London but with double the population. Ebola will rampage through the city like a bush fire. Everybody will run home to the village and it will spread all over the country.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Respect. Top bloke.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Ebola is a truly horrific thing

Deep respect to anyone who cares for the victims, especially given how easily it is transmitted

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Genuine hero. As are many of the humanitarian medical staff.

At my previous research lab as we had a lot of Nigerian staff who go back regularly. I sincerely hope their families are okay but as others have said, it’s going to rampage through Nigeria. Wonder if they have decided against travelling back home during their holidays. It’s a shame the education system appears to be so poor, it speaks volumes about some of the brilliant Nigerian scientists that I worked with who came from state schools.

grahamt1980

I’m afraid whoever said it will become the next epidemic is wrong. It already is! The biggest fear is if it gets out of West Africa now. If it becomes pandemic then we are all in trouble, the only potential relief is that the mechanism of spread is less likely to occur in the developed world.
    massive respect to that doctor. Big loss now he has gone..

chewkw
    Free Member

globalti – Member

Eeek! My Naija colleague and his family arrived on KLM on Saturday morning saying that on the flight from Lagos to Amsterdam one woman vomited all the way and one man stood up and collapsed in the aisle. I hugged his wife and daughters and shook his hand – am I doomed?

The probability has gone higher I am afraid.

grahamt1980 – Member

I’m afraid whoever said it will become the next epidemic is wrong. It already is! The biggest fear is if it gets out of West Africa now.

It will get out. No if or but. It will.

It is not epidemic yet in the sense that it is not front page news in Western world but it will be when it reaches them.

😯

Underhill
    Free Member

Ban

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I’m afraid whoever said it will become the next epidemic is wrong. It already is! The biggest fear is if it gets out of West Africa now. If it becomes pandemic then we are all in trouble, the only potential relief is that the mechanism of spread is less likely to occur in the developed world.
    massive respect to that doctor. Big loss now he has gone..

Some years ago I read a book about a previous outbreak of ebola and the disease actually spread to Washington DC but just sort of died out so it’s not like it hasn’t spread before .

chewkw
    Free Member

Ramsey Neil – Member

Some years ago I read a book about a previous outbreak of ebola and the disease actually spread to Washington DC but just sort of died out so it’s not like it hasn’t spread before .

Let’s hope it has not mutated into something stronger. I think the quarantine system in developed world is more effective or perhaps there is limited hosts.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Looks like the decontamination team have been through the thread.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘A very courageous man’ is closed to new replies.