Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • a treat for fans of decent new music
  • 6079smithw
    Free Member

Well, that’s because the music video for this song came out.
    An exquisite lament for a lost love.
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P9xlXJLv38[/video]

JOLLY MARVELOUS!

ourmaninthenorth

That’s a spoof right? Even then TBH it wasn’t funny.

6079smithw
    Free Member

No it’s not a spoof. What a bizarre question.

You should get behind quality new original music, lest we condemn future generations to only hearing the products of so-called ‘talent’ shows, and novelty acts and committee-written chart pop about booty.

nealglover
    Free Member

You should get behind quality new original music

I would be happy to if I had heard any.

MrNice
    Free Member

I’m sorry 6079smithw, but that is hilariously bad. It’s even funnier knowing it’s serious. There is loads of good original new music out there (even if some of it does make reference to booty) but that’s not it.

rjj
    Free Member

Agree awful, plenty of brilliant new music out there – that up there is not. However if you like it then you should not worry what I or anyone else thinks.

Check out the new Adult Jazz album – now that is good.

Muke
    Free Member

You should get behind quality new original music, lest we condemn future generations to only hearing the products of so-called ‘talent’ shows, and novelty acts and committee-written chart pop about booty.

This is true

JOLLY MARVELOUS!

This is however, in my opinion, not true

Music is after all very subjective.

kayak23

I hope that wasn’t you op. I’m embarrassed for that singer.
    Almost everything about it was pitifully naive…
    Still, you clearly like it and that’s what counts.
    🙂

CountZero

Bloody hell, that is one of the most cliché-ridden monstrosities I’ve had the misfortune to listen to in ages! I gave up before two minutes of it. Sorry, but that was embarrassing.
    I listen to 6Music during the day, and I buy Uncut magazine, so I’m continually exposed to new music, plus there are the support bands I see at various gigs; there is far, far better than that being played out there, check out Royal Blood and Honeyblood as just two examples. Both duos, one bass and drums, one guitar and drums, one two blokes, the other two girls, and both of them can happily wee in the boots of whatever the band is in that video.
    In my humble opinion, of course. 😉
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ere2Mstl8ww&sns=em[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEz4_X7tshg&sns=em[/video]

kayak23

I like that Royal Blood Countzero. Recognised the artist who did their album cover, Dan Hillier. He’s awesome.

passtherizla
    Free Member

I like all sorts of hardcore/punk/noise which can be considered pretty bad.
    But that is awful even by my standards.

Have a listen to f*cked up and pissed jeans.

CountZero

Kayak, that artist even has my surname! I really like Royal Blood, a lot of the DJ’s on 6 comment on the guitarist’s ability to make his bass sound like a bass and lead simultaneously.
    I think Honeyblood are playing Bristol sometime soon, so I might go and check them out, I’m liking what I hear so far.
    Blood Red Shoes are another duo, girl on guitar, bloke on drums, who manage to make a really enjoyable racket!
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-yxwXIrQ-E&sns=em[/video]

ourmaninthenorth

You should get behind quality new original music

This week’s purchases are:

Hiss Golden Messenger – Bad Debt
    FKA Twigs – LP1
    Shellac – Dude Incredible
    The Travelling Band – The Big Defreeze
    Sharon van Etten – Are We There
    Goat – Commune

New and original enough for you? Certainly not as tediously derivative as that execrable drivel in the OP.

DavidB
    Free Member

Are the band related to Oscar Pistorious?

A true mark of a bad song is that I could play it fine on a guitar…

passtherizla
    Free Member

Ourmaninthenorth good choices!!! Especially like that shellac track.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’m really liking the Sharon Van Etten album too, been listening to it today. A lot…

Also really like the Sabina album Toujours. And got a soft spot for Warpaint, although I’m not 100% convinced by them for some reason…

TooTall
    Free Member

If you think that is good new music, you should go and listen to what we called ‘good new music’ 20 years ago. A bit like that track, only betterer by a factor of lots.

seosamh77
    Free Member

that is shit, op.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Not sure if this is a deliberate wind up or what, but the chap behind ‘Zen Juddhism’ is a member on here. Or at least he’s a mountain biker who rides with some of us on here.

yunki
    Free Member

errr, is he like ummm, getting all the errr, help that he needs?

CountZero

TooTall – Member
    If you think that is good new music, you should go and listen to what we called ‘good new music’ 20 years ago. A bit like that track, only betterer by a factor of lots.

? This, also by a factor of lots!
    Deftones, RATM, among many others.

ourmaninthenorth

And got a soft spot for Warpaint, although I’m not 100% convinced by them for some reason…

Yes. Bought the album when it was released. It sort of feels a bit one-dimensional.

Don’t know Sabina. Will check out.

I’m really liking the Sharon Van Etten album too, been listening to it today. A lot…

Not listened to my copy yet. It arrived on Friday. Decided to beef up my BIL’s birthday present, so have it to him before I’d even ripped it to iTunes…. Will order another copy as I lived Tramp.

Lifer
    Free Member

Biscuit Powered – Member
    Not sure if this is a deliberate wind up or what, but the chap behind ‘Zen Juddhism’ is a member on here. Or at least he’s a mountain biker who rides with some of us on here.

Awkward.

metalheart
    Free Member

OMITN: I think the best Warpaint thing is the Exquisite Corpse EP (came with the Fool lp). However what I think they lack is a real depth…

So you’d recommend Tramp? I’ve been thinking that I need to investigate it.

For Sabina I’d start with Sailors Daughter & Mystery River.

ourmaninthenorth

Cheers Metalheart.

Yes, Tramp is excellent.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘a treat for fans of decent new music’ is closed to new replies.