Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • A treat for all Lego fans..
  • grizzlygus
    Free Member

What a nasty, bitter and twisted individual you are, Gus. Just because you were too old before Lego was invented. You’re just jealous.

Nope, I had Lego as a kid.

Which might explain why I’m ‘bitter and twisted’ though.

Totally useless crap – nothing you made out of it looked even remotely real.

All I wanted (and TBF I got) were proper tools.

And a ferret……never got one of those. My mate did though.

sssimon
    Free Member

lovin the 9951 tractor still remember taking it to mt grans to show her on boxing day

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You mustuv been a very disturbed child, GG.

And you are wronger than wrong, on this matter. Sorry, but it’s true.

Totally useless crap

S’like saying ‘Christopher Wren; crap architect; all his stuff’s very ‘samey’. Or, ‘Van Gogh; why din’t he learn to paint propply?’

A Philistine, is what you are. And you have a heart of stone.

CFH has it over you on this one; ‘Best Toy Ever’. S’because it is. There is no argument.

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Sorry, but it’s true.

No need to apologise, ’cause I’m right – Lego was for ponces.

Me and mates used our ‘creative & artistic’ talents to do proper stuff, eg : stink bombs out of hydrogen sulphide put together from my chemistry set; or improvised explosive devices made out of empty Squeezy bottles filled with gas and detonated with Jetex fuses; or rammed bangers into freshly done dog’s turds so that when they exploded the dog sh1t splatted artistically all up the sides of parked cars.

We had a proper childhood.

Northwind

The lego space stuff was ace… I was always a bit bitter that the pirates didin’t come along til I was too old, just because pirates are awesome.

I know people say “It’s sad that lego has guns now” but come on, every kid who ever had lego space gave them ray guns, you used the megaphone things and stuck a red clear bit on the end, instant death ray. And it was a toy you could actually destroy when you had a fight scene, then rebuild after.

damitamit
    Free Member

I used to be big into technic. Had the big truck, sports car etc…

Remember I also had this instruction booklet: Technics booklet

There was this motorised cable car design in it which i had moving across my room for months on a piece of kite wire. Good times…

Incidentally, my colleague just bought me this as a joke for my bday. I think she meant for it to represent a bicycle (and oh my geekiness):

Travis

Dougal – my wife bought me that one for Christmas 07..

I hadn’t ‘played’ with Lego for years, totally enjoyed myself 😀 cat thinks it’s a bit strange though….

40mpg

I didnt have ‘sets’, just collected loads of odd pieces from jumble sales and such. I did manage to build my own ‘star destroyer’ that was as long as the sofa, although colour co-ordination and in fact any real similarity to the original were purely in my mind!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

or improvised explosive devices made out of empty Squeezy bottles filled with gas and detonated with Jetex fuses; or rammed bangers into freshly done dog’s turds so that when they exploded the dog sh1t splatted artistically all up the sides of parked cars.

Ah, nice. So, you were a destructive, delinquent yoof, then? Intent on destroying, rather than creating?

And you’re in the building trade now?

Maybe you shooduv had some Lego, then your work might be a bit better…

mema
    Free Member

As part of my PhD I have decided to build some laser mounts out of meccano but I am at a point where I think lego technics would be better as there are gears etc. using lego as ‘scientific research’ is great!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Incidentally, my colleague just bought me this as a joke for my bday. I think she meant for it to represent a bicycle (and oh my geekiness):

You lucky, lucky bastard! You’ve had a right result!

I’ve decided, cynical merchandising exercise or not, I HAVE to have some Star Wars Lego.

anjs
    Free Member

Well still have that technic car, the yellow castle, a train and 928 galaxy curiser still in orginal boxes.

Also got the daddy star destroyer 10030 for xmas one year. Took 5 days to build.

mudshark
    Free Member

I had a few of the smaller spaceships and a smaller technical lego car but it all seemed so expensive! My rich mates had the bigger kits so got to play with them and get jealous.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘A treat for all Lego fans..’ is closed to new replies.