Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • A trader tells the truth about the debt crisis / recession / depression.
  • rightplacerighttime
    Free Member
    Edukator
    Free Member

The BBC have made fools of themselves by inviting someone to speak who is no more a trader than I am and won’t back down.

See the other thread, Junkyard, I’l bump it.

camo16
    Free Member

His basic premise – that traders don’t give two sh*ts – I believe to be correct.

Edukator
    Free Member

So shares are in free fall. No they are not. The markets have risen since he spoke.

The euro is doomed. Nope. The euro zone has no more issues to deal with than the US.

Goldman Sachs doesn’t rule the world. If Goldman steps too far out of line it will be legislated into touch.

The stock markets won’t crash for the simple reason companies are making good profits and paying good dividends, and that’s the way governments like it. Some telecoms are returning near to 10%, why would share holders sell?

Junkyard
    Free Member

See the other thread, Junkyard, I’l bump it

Not lik eyou to be anti the BBC but I was aware of the story as the BBC reported it 😉
    I will look for bumped thread
    Ta

Bimbler
    Free Member

BBC financial expert Alessio Rastani: ‘I’m an attention seeker not a trader’

In the interview Mr Rastani described himself as an independent trader. Elsewhere he claims he’s an “investment speaker”. Instead of operating from a plush office in Canary Wharf Mr Rastani works and lives with his partner Anita Eader in a £200,000 semi in Bexleyheath, south London. The house, complete with a mortgage from Royal Bank of Scotland, belongs to her not him.

He is a business owner, a 99pc shareholder in public speaking venture Santoro Projects. Its most recent accounts show cash in the bank of £985. After four years trading net assets are £10,048 – in the red.

He seemed very “energetic” to me

peterfile
    Free Member

In order to make money from any trade, the price needs to move. Static markets don’t make money (other than maybe swap rates).

I trade forex. it doesn’t matter to me what way the price is moving provided I’m on the right side of it!

Momentum in any direction is desirable, therefore extremely bad news is as useful as extremely good news.

Whilst this might not sit well with everyones’ moral fibre, trading is a job to many, therefore you make money in every legal way you can. If traders wanted a morally wholesome calling they would be stopping you in the street asking if you’d like to sign up to contribute to “Help the Aged”.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Bloody biased BBC.

camo16
    Free Member

BBC financial expert Alessio Rastani: ‘I’m an attention seeker not a trader’

His suit convinced me he was hugely successful. Now I feel like a right idiot. 😳

ooOOoo
    Free Member

His hair got me, how can you be so well coiffeured and not successful?

noteeth
    Free Member

If traders wanted a morally wholesome calling they would be stopping you in the street asking if you’d like to sign up to contribute to “Help the Aged”.

Compulsory one year social service would do wonders for this stupidly fugged up country. You don’t have to be an unreconstructed commie to view the present situation as being obscene.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

The rich ah gettin richah…

The gap is widening. Only 25 years ago, the top 1 percent of the nation controlled 12 percent of the nation’s wealth. Today, they control close to 25

But well, they deserve it, they are the clevererest after all

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘A trader tells the truth about the debt crisis / recession / depression.’ is closed to new replies.