• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by ton.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • A Tour Of Torridon……………..Anyone
  • ton

hopefully by september i will be mended.
    so planning my yearly trip to Scotia.
    flying to Inverness, heading along the great glen way to Drumnadrochit.
    then heading to Glen Affric yoho, then over to Torridon.
    so where to from there?.
    trying to head in a roundabout route beck to Inverness over a week.

all idea’s welcome

heuer27
    Free Member

I’ve been in Glen Affric camping about then, take ear plugs, its rutting season. V Noisy.
    There were some angry stags wandering around the hillside when we were there.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

I rode the Glen Torridon route from the Kenny Wilson Mountain Bike Scotland book last month. Un-f***in-believeable. Loved it. Best place I’ve ever ridden. The descent from Beelach na Lice to Annat was amazing.

Even better is that having re-read an old article about this upon my return and checked the OS Map there are multiple routes at the top to consider and another cracking ride on the opposite set of mountains Liathach.

Can’t wait to get back 🙂

crewlie

Sorry to Hijack, but…how extreme is that Glen Torridon route. I’m up there next week and fancy a crack at it, but I could be in trouble if I drag my wife into an unrideable 30 mile walk.

peachos
    Free Member

the descent down to achnashellach station is very technical & steep and the final descent back into torridon has a fair amount of tech too! excellent ride though, despite the long drag on the road at the start.

Trekster

depends on dates Ton, got a fair bit going on in Sept inc new grandchild and 1st birthdays + a triathlon bike ride etc.Might know someone else who is interested in biking that area, Big Ian you met at Kirby Stephen(the wet one!! ) I`ll have a word and pass your e-mail addy on, he does not do forums 🙄 yet ❗

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Ton, can’t help with the rest of the route, but if you haven’t done the Annat/Coulin/Achnashellach/Annat loop you need to take a day out to do it. Must be absolutely undisputably the best in the UK for every reason you could think of. Might be up there in September myself on holiday with Mrs M – could join if the dates coincided.

Sorry to Hijack, but…how extreme is that Glen Torridon route. I’m up there next week and fancy a crack at it, but I could be in trouble if I drag my wife into an unrideable 30 mile walk

30-45 mins pushing up each way. Bits of the descent to Achneshellach are very steep and techy. The descent to Annat is mostly fine

singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Its a nice ride from inverness to glen affric, did it last summer and wrote it up in the mag. The bit of kintail from The glen affric youth hostel to shiel bridge is very nice. Worth having to do a bit of road riding when you get to shiel bridge I reckon. Just my 2p

Oh and not having a map handy not sure how you’d get to torridon from their. Want a picture?
    Riding towards shirl bridge.

Been posted before but its a favourite of mine.

Big-Pete
    Free Member

Great stuff, hope you get there mate. 😀

stevious

you could aim yourself on the path Diabeg over towards Gairloch. From there you can head to Poolewe via the Tolliadh path which is quite fun, and will point you towards Kinlochewe Not sure wehre you’d go after that, mind.

ton

cheers Pete…….keeping my fingers crossed mate.

the longer i study the map, the harder it seems to put together a week long offroad tour all north of the great glen.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘A Tour Of Torridon……………..Anyone’ is closed to new replies.