• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • A to B
  • debaser

On Friday a few things fell into place that allowed me to have a go at a trip I'd been thinking about for a while. I rode from my flat in Leith to my folk's place in the Borders over the Lammermuirs using as many off road routes as possible.

From Edinburgh out into East Lothian it was a fair mix of terrain including minor roads, old railway track bed, riverside paths, farm tracks and woodland singletrack. It was all pretty flat but a good warm up for the big climb to Lammer Law from Longyester.

From there across the Lammermuirs it was a mix of graded landrover track and indistinct bits of the old 'Herring Road' trade route before linking in with the Southern Upland Way and some more familiar, and ace, Border trails on the way to my folk's place.

It was around 100Km and took about 10 hours including lots of stops for scoffing food, admiring the views and some inevitable navigational shambling about.

It was great to complete a journey I'd made hundreds of times before in a completely different way. The return journey (in the van I'd gone down to pick up) was nowhere near as interesting.

A few (not very good) photos from the ride…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘A to B’ is closed to new replies.