Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • A thought from the STW Chuck Norris thread….
  • Houns

.. I keep a knife in my car.

No, no, wait…

When I get in to my car I unclip the carabiner that holds my knife, multitool and keys from my belt hoop, and place it all together in the cup holders by the handbrake (so I don’t lose/forget them).

The knife is an Opinel 8 (folded and in pouch) and multitool is a Gerber of some sort. Now, if the 5-0 pull me and look in my car, will they have me for these even though they’re for work?

Obviously I’m not one to give them reason to pull me over, but just want to be on the safe side

funkmasterp

Sprinkle some crystal meth on the passenger seat. Plod will overlook the knife and all will be well.

Drac

No, you have a reason for carrying if heading or returning from work.

nealglover
    Free Member

will they have me for these even though they’re for work?

If you are a solicitor, probably.

If you are a farmer, probably not.

Houns

The meth is already there

Cheers Drac, best remember to take them out when it’s dark

Ah, primary school teacher, probably

bikebouy
    Free Member

Are you an assassin ?

Houns

Why? You need someone sorting with a crappy Phillips screwdriver?

chip
    Free Member

I knew someone who worked as a trainee decorator who was stopped coming home on the train and was found with a Stanley knife in his rucksack. he was arrested as the police said he could have left it at work rather than travel with it everyday.

scaredypants

pozi’s what all the cool killers are into

Drac

Yeah carry one on a train is a bit different to carry one in your own car.

Houns

I’m so out of touch, no wonder why all the cool killers don’t speak to me 😥

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Ask your Dad…..

Houns

He’s a bit out of touch now 14 years after retirement and just offered “probably best not”

bikebouy
    Free Member

Possi or Philips ?

There is a difference and if it came down to it you want the proper tool for the job, think of the local Rag reporting an assailant armed with the wrong tool and pic of you getting down to action all angry like caught on CCTV’s infamous blurry image..

tjagain

Should be fine – however its a locking knife so you would need good reason to be carrying it. It would be better to put the knife in the boot.

Police / officialdom do have some discretion – my dear 82 yr old mother has three times been stopped boarding planes with a 5 inch locking knife and not been arrested – just had to give up the knife. She is a bilogist by trade and always carries a lock knife in case she wants to cut things up.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Back to Tools in cars..

I saw a Tool in a BMW try to overtake two lanes of stationary traffic on my oncoming side of the road earlier..

#getoutofmywayitsfridayandmylifeismoarimportantthanyours

bearnecessities

Reminds me when I got my first promotion with current employer, which involved a move to Bristol from Devon and I took a house-share whilst I found my feet before settling down, with a woman that LOVED cats and generally preferred trainee pilots to lodge with her, but I was allowed on the basis I “dressed properly”. Her house could have been a Laura Ashley show home, but waaaay to much duck-egg blue.

So basically, a mental woman.

She gave me a lift to work one day in her blue VW polo (I was a bus ****), and although I can’t remember the conversation that led up to this, told me that she had a retractable Stanley knife in the door pod, which she showed me, and unleashed the 3/4″ of stabbiness.

I asked, as you would, why.

“Just in case I get into trouble”

I moved to Leeds within a month.

km79
    Free Member

I wouldn’t trust the police to make a sensible decision therefore I would put them in a bag out of the way in the boot. If the police stopped you it would probably be for something such as speeding or something wrong with your car so they will be on the offensive so to speak, why give them an easy opportunity to add additional charges?

I remember around the time they started cracking down on this sort of thing an agency/temping type chef was stopped and in his boot were his roll of kitchen knives. He was arrested because although he had a good reason for having the knives the day before when he was working, he was not working that day therefore should have removed them until he needed them again, which would have been the following day. I can’t remember if it ever went to court.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Back in the early 90’s my mate (wide boy Essex type, white trainers, white t-shirt, orange fake tan) got pummelled near Harlow after a bloke unleashed his anger upon him for cutting him up at the M11 Stanstead junction.. followed him for about 5miles before ramming him up the bumper and forcing my mate to stop.. bloke had a 3” hard polly pipe about a mtr long and used it as a weapon..
    Went to prison for a few months and to this day my mate (still lives there) carries some horrible cleaning solution in a squirty can in his door pocket….

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

the 5-0

U IS WL GNGZTA, BLUD.

Houns

8)

Isn’t it

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Isn’t it, though?

funkmasterp

therefore I would put them in a bag out of the way in the boot.

Good idea! I keep mine next to the quicklime, carpet roll, old rope and balaclava.

davosaurusrex

Not seen all that many gangstas with their keys attached to their trousers with a carabiner. Usually only the ones using Bluetooth headsets as well, I can never remember if that’s the Bloods or the Crips

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘A thought from the STW Chuck Norris thread….’ is closed to new replies.