Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • A taste of the forbidden
  • adsh
    Free Member

Sitting here feeling a bit euphoric and sad at the same time.

I gave up booze about 18months ago. The reasons were:- I have a minor heart murmour that is made much worse by alcohol, I got serious about my XC training and I decided too much of my time was spent working out if I could drive etc. I never had a “problem” but I’m not great at moderation.

It’s worked well – life is much easier, my ticker is behaving and I don’t miss it much. I’m only a little more boring.

I do have a tipple on my birthday. So I sit here having drunk a bottle of red out of the case I chose with my now deceased best mate with a glass of Caul Isla next to me. I’m filled with that slightly baseless feeling of well being that only hooch brings and I wonder if abstinence is quite as great as I thought.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Stop fannying around & just get ratted!

Slainte’ Vaa!

ton

god made beer, to show us how much he loves us……..fact.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jontykint
    Free Member

“Slightly baseless feeling” is the key phrase here.

We don’t need booze to sort stuff out for ourselves.

Only 1hour ago I poured a lovely massive glass of red down the sink because we’d just had an argument, and that glass would have led to me opening another bottle

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Restraint of the day. Well done dude.

swanny853

Did you start the argument or the glass?

robdob
    Free Member

ton – Member
    god made beer, to show us how much he loves us……..fact.

As a Christian I would like to agree with you! You need to remember the first recorded miracle of Jesus was turning water into wine at a wedding party.

I don’t drink very often at all but sometimes only a good quality beer will do….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

jontykint
    Free Member

I started the argument. It was actually brought on by this weekends UKGE and escalated dramatically !
    All sorted now though

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘A taste of the forbidden’ is closed to new replies.