• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • A surprise mini-break today. (skiing content)
  • Bunnyhop

Some people drive 1.5 hours from vancouver to Whistler for their mini break.

We drove 1 hour 15 minutes for ours, Stockport to Halifax. O.k not as scenic but still fantastic.

2 pistes, blue sky powder day, fresh tracks, hot chocolate, free parking, no queues, a 4X track and some jumps, tree skiing and the scary Ogden wall drop of death, all in our own wonderful country.

Click the pics to view bigger versions…

Ready to hit the slopes – it was -2 centigrade, plus wind chill!

First turns!

Storm clouds threatened more snow but ultimately failed to deliver

It could be the alps – except for the windmills 🙂

Had to hit the 4X course – I did get some air, honest!

A lovely sunset to end the day – you can just see Stoodley Pike on the horizon

Warning, stunts like this may entail a risk of life-threatening danger.

For more info, check the website
    http://www.mountainboarding.co.uk/ski/index.htm

Or call the numbers on the website and speak to Andy, the very friendly owner 🙂

oxnop
    Free Member

looks like good fun.

I live 5 mins from this place and I didnt even know it existed!

juiced
    Free Member

awesome.

Bunnyhop

Just bumped this, as the snow will be even better today and tomorrow.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

J, this looks like awesome fun… wish i had some boarding stuff, i'd be there like a shot.

nbt

they hire boots and boards (and old school rear-entry boots and straight skis, if you;re a two planker) but you'll need your own clothes. £10 an hour with equipment, £10 per day if you have your own stuff

Drac

Looks good, people were skiing on the town moor in Newcastle yesterday.

trio25
    Free Member

Went up today, it was great!

Write-up here:

http://trio25.blogspot.com/2010/01/snowboarding-in-england.html

Bunnyhop

Trio and Ali – I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Did you go into the trees near the house? We did but there's a stream at the bottom, so it was a case of off with the skis and walk up and over the bottom of the rope tow. I really enjoyed the 4X track.

Looks like you had even more snow than we did. I managed those little jumps in the powder field, not the ones near the house though.

Last time you were in the 'fridge' I was with you! Love the blog.

We're hoping to go back next weekend, as more snow is forecast.

trio25
    Free Member

Did you get there again, we were going to go on saturday but it never happened. Had a great day in the Bolton Alps on sunday though.

Bunnyhop

Yep trio on Saturday. Took a group from the South Manchester Massive.
    It was quite busy . Long queues for the rope tows, one of which broke about 2.00p.m.

Good fun though. The bit through the trees was really good with the extra snow they'd had since last week. 😀

nbt

I've had it on good authority that there are rope tows in Hayfield on good days. Damn sight closer to us than halifax, fingers crossed there's enough snow for us to explore this weekend – Sunday it'll be if we make it

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘A surprise mini-break today. (skiing content)’ is closed to new replies.