Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • A step too far? (Commuter Material)
  • danielgroves
    Free Member

Turned up at work this morning to see some guy wrestling his bike out of the shower.

Didn’t see what it was, but it didn’t even look like anything particularly special. When I asked him about it he just ‘oh, I got some dirt on it this morning’ then proceeded to dry it with paper towels complaining about it getting wet in the rain.

It’s a f**king bike, stick it in the bike rack and go get on with your job.

Anyone else had this at work before?

geoffj

Taking bike love to the next level?

TiRed

Did he clean the shower? Or leave it for the cleaners?

rOcKeTdOg

U sure he was wiping the bike clean or himself?

samuri
    Free Member

Did he have a plastic carrier bag over the saddle?

We had one guy at work who used to tend to his horse before he came to work. He would then go into the disbaled toilets and knock all the mud off his boots leaving it everywhere.

Guess who got the blame? Well it must be the bloke on the mountain bike mustn’t it. So despite me cleaning up after myself rigorously after getting a strip wash in the disabled toilets (and I was never muddy), I got banned from getting a strip wash in there.

Strangely this didn’t stop the mud getting in there and it was only after he left and the mud strangely stopped, I was allowed to start commuting again.

danielgroves
    Free Member

Taking bike love to the next level?

Don’t want to think about where he stuck it.

Did he clean the shower? Or leave it for the cleaners?

Left it, for me as I was next in the queue.

He didn’t defend cleaning the bike. Besides, why would you take a bike into a shower cubicle it’ll only just fit in, and then pop outside and lock it up post shower anyway?

danielgroves
    Free Member

samuri – Nope. Was a roadie anyway.

I do wonder how people’s logic works sometimes. “Oh look, we banned him from commuting by bike, the mud still appearing must be his”. Disappointing that you had to wait until he left to be allowed to continue.

rOcKeTdOg

He didn’t defend cleaning the bike. Besides, why would you take a bike into a shower cubicle it’ll only just fit in, and then pop outside and lock it up post shower anyway?

As I often do I was thinking more of self abuse and the aftermath rather than actually cleaning it

DezB
    Free Member

We used to have a bloke wash his clothes in the shower. Not cycling clothes (he didn’t ride), just his normal weekly wash.
    Always wondered why the shower kept blocking up, until someone caught him at it one day.

danielgroves
    Free Member

As I often do I was thinking more of self abuse and the aftermath rather than actually cleaning it

Christ, how did I miss that? 😳

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A step too far? (Commuter Material)’ is closed to new replies.