Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • A small 'Bucket List' item ticked off.
  • milky1980
    Free Member

Went to see something I’ve wanted to see in the flesh since I was a little boy today:

[/url]20171122_123335_Richtone(HDR) by Da_Milky_Bar_Kid, on Flickr[/img]

Thrust 2!

I vividly remember watching a series on TV when I was little about the development of the motor car and the first episode was about it attempting – and getting – the Land Speed Record. The opening sequence was of it hurtling towards the camera in a pan shot complete with heat haze and plumes of dust kicking up behind it, I can play it back in my mind at will. My dad even bought me the video box set of it a year later but I wore it out! I genuinely had an intake of breath as I caught my first glimpse of it 😀

Strangely didn’t have the same reaction to it’s big brother tucked away behind it:

[/url]20171122_123519_Richtone(HDR) by Da_Milky_Bar_Kid, on Flickr[/img]

Just as an impressive bit of engineering but for some reason it doesn’t spark the enthusiasm in me as much as the flying gold wedge. Bloodhound does though, following that avidly.

Today was a good day 8)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I sat in Thrust 2! At Finningley, aeons ago!

I ticked off one of my bucket list items last night, as it happens – Went to the Ceremony of the Keys at the Tower. A few beers in The Keys afterwards, too.

eemy
    Free Member

The ladies call me Richard Noble.
    Because after Thrust 2, I’m finished.

JAG

OP – I had the same reaction to both cars!

Amazing to think that Richard Noble did Thrust2 with such a small team, then Thrust SSC with a slightly bigger team…

…and now Bloodhound has a huge team and they’re inspiring thousands of kids, Moms and Dads all over the country – amazing!

Plus Coventry Transport Museum is also pretty good huh 8)

milky1980
    Free Member

CFH, lucky, lucky man! Would have loved to sit in it but I feel I’m that short I wouldn’t see out of it 😳

The museum is good, a lot more variety than I thought seeing as it focuses on the local area quite heavily. Was expecting a load of the same cars but there were very few, if any, duplicates and the bicycle section was rather large too. Worth a visit if you’re in the area.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘A small 'Bucket List' item ticked off.’ is closed to new replies.