Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • A shed is born
  • uphillcursing
    Free Member

New shed being built. I can’t wait for it to be finished.

cloudnine
    Free Member

No hot tub and its made of metal.. Also would have checked the qualifications of your 2 workmen..

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Ah yes, those two are about as trustworthy as Politicians. I also suspect their references were actually School reports.

Hot tub and Pampas grass to follow once “cooler”is finished.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Further progress:

CaptainCrash
    Free Member

Er, where is this? not in the UK I take it!!

jekkyl

Shed? There’s places in the world that would consider that a large dwelling.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Just outside Alnwick in Northumberland. It is always sunny here you know.

mikeyd
    Free Member

Bracing? Or is it portalised?…

jools182
    Free Member

Just been to Alnwick for new year. I’ve never been there before, lovely part of the country

I do have some shed envy, can’t swing a very small cat in mine

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Have to cough that it is not really Alnwick. I just delude myself I still live there.
    Actual location is Australia.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

If you think the first two characters were of dubious use in the construction you should see this fellow:

cloudnine
    Free Member

Actual location is Australia

Is it fire proof?

burton
    Free Member

Now that’s a big man cave 😯

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Last picture for today. A quick shot to show interior details. This may be quite a long project as I hope to take some of the best features from sheds seen on here and include them in mine.

Bregante

It’s going to be like a great big oven in there when it’s hot*

Not jealous. No, not a bit.

ontor
    Free Member

Love Aus. your “shed” is the size of my house.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Well, there is a contingency or two for the hot days. There is a roller door at either end to get a good flow of air through.
    Considering some rotary vents on the roof and insulation. I shall wait and see how things go in practice before these are implemented. There is also an awning to sit under out of the sun/rain whilst fettling/fiddling.

matt_outandabout

Having worked in a big steel shed, office inside it in porta cabin for a year, it’s going o be chuffing cold in winter and chuffing hot in summer….

I can has shed envy.

tymbian
    Free Member

I’m envious of the space in your shed. Not a fan of the whole metal/ tin thing though.

After being told by the council to take down my existing shed as it was too close to the neighbours’ fence I had to start building another. This will be a meagre 3.3m x 3.6m. A dwarf in comparison.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Is it snake proof?

joshvegas
    Free Member

More importantly is it spider proof?

somafunk

That is bigger than my house

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Construction of the shell is now complete.

And the view from the fettling outside fettling area.

Next task is the wait for the concrete to dry properly before some kind of coating. Have used two pack Epoxy in the past but a trip to the local store revealed sealer is much cheaper. Anyone have any experience of these products?

Stoner
    Free Member

if you can get it out there, BEDEC stuff is very good as a water based acrylic.

http://bedec.co.uk/FLOOR%20PAINT%20LEAFLET.pdf

Home

their multi surface paint is frankly miraculous stuff.

AlexSimon

ontor – Member

Love Aus. your “shed” is the size of my house.
    Mine too 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

This may be quite a long project as I hope to take some of the best features from sheds seen on here and include them in mine.

You could get most of them in your shed!

br
    Free Member

can’t help thinking that you missed a trick by not having a roller door onto the ‘patio’ area

matt_outandabout

Sometimes I do think I live in the wrong country… 🙁

scandal42
    Free Member

Don’t be fooled, the weather in OZ is often utter shite (it’s massive so this obviously depends where)

uphillcursing
    Free Member

b r – Member

can’t help thinking that you missed a trick by not having a roller door onto the ‘patio’ area

I did consider that but it was a bit tricky to install. I think I do need some wallspace as s it were. There is a “normal” door there.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘A shed is born’ is closed to new replies.