Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • A secure bike shed no longer an oxymoron…?
  • teasel
    Free Member

A new style of shed on the block, so to speak…

http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/recycled-bike-shed-branded-most-secure-ever/015887

http://brodco.co.uk/bike-shed/

There has to be a weakness somewhere (price notwithstanding)…

weeksy

Unless it comes with a built in Almax IV, it doesn’t have ‘secure’ in the name 🙂

torsoinalake
    Free Member

There has to be a weakness somewhere…

£1590

michaelbowden

torsoinalake – Member

There has to be a weakness somewhere…

£1590

And how much will your bke collection cost to replace?

freeagent
    Free Member

I have the same steel security door on my homebuilt shed – they are about £230 on ebay…

gazc
    Free Member

freeagent – interested to see link to same door as i’m building my new shed soon and this looks good

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I have the same steel security door on my homebuilt shed

Same as. Got mine from here. Clicky Same people from the ebay shop.

gazc
    Free Member

great, thanks

joolsburger
    Free Member

20 foot shipping container 1200 notes bit of paint job done, might not go down too well with the neighbours.

ninfan
    Free Member

might not go down too well with the neighbours.

Well, probably no worse than all the neighbours asking why you’ve got a giant portaloo in your garden

joolsburger
    Free Member

In fact you can get a 10X8 anti vandal storage unit for about 700.. This shed seems pricey to me.

plyphon
    Free Member

From their website:

For peace of mind our erection team

SOLD

wiggles
    Free Member

From their website:
    For peace of mind our erection team
    SOLD

Reminds me of a van I used to see for a fencing company, it had the slogan “Our erection is your protection”

flip
    Free Member

Over 2k for an 8×6…

teasel
    Free Member

Indeed. It might be cheaper to hire a ninja.

brakes
    Free Member

I’d rather spend the money on another bike.

project
    Free Member

There has to be a weakness somewhere (price notwithstanding)…

Plastic so burn a hole through the side, around hinges.

teasel
    Free Member

That was my first thought – a stealthy blowtorch attack in the early hours. They claim it doesn’t melt but I’d like to put it to the test, personally.

flip
    Free Member

Is recycled concrete stuff innit.

teasel
    Free Member

Doesn’t claim to use concrete, just mineral additions.

It uses 68% non-toxic, traceable waste plastic that cannot normally be recycled, which is reduced in size and blended with minerals, TPR polymer and a formulated resin. The mixture is poured into moulds and an exothermic reaction hardens the panels in a few hours.

brodco
    Free Member

Hi guys, Brodco here. The steel door is our own design and has been modified to pass the Secured by Design testing process. You may be able to buy other SBD approved doors but only the door, not the shed, would meet the requirements.

The shed is made of a new material called TPR.

If there’s anything else you’re not sure about, we’re happy to answer you questions!

Clobber
    Free Member

Hi Brodco, do you have a pricelist?

brodco
    Free Member

Prices start at £1590 for the 6×4 and vary depending on size, options, delivery and postcode.

You can get a price here by choosing a shed and entering your postcode at checkout.

or you can download our brouchure:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0ua24p63bqsvzv/Brodco_Brochure.pdf

Hope this helps 😀

almightydutch
    Free Member

At that price, I’m out!

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

What’s the roof made from that stops it being the weak point?

somouk
    Free Member

What’s the roof made from that stops it being the weak point?

Certainly looks like they could melt the roof and take it off then remove bikes as there doesn’t appear to be any security meshing to stop that.

Edit… For that money could you not just build a brick shed?

brodco
    Free Member

The roof on the Max edition is made from a toughened fibreglass composite that was tested independently by the experts at BRE along with the rest of the shed. These guys have a lot of experience at trying to break into things.

If you compare the price to a brick shed, including concrete base, you will find us to be more than competitive. You may also find the brick shed is dark inside and suffers from condensation.

somouk
    Free Member

Do you offer any anti-theft guarantee? So if someone compromised it and stole the bikes you’d pay out?

That might give peace of mind and encourage sales.

beanum

The bit I don’t get is:

SBD general manager Alan McInnes commented: “Not only is the DaylightSecure shed made from recycled products… but it also benefits the environment by helping to prevent crime”

So crime is bad for the environment…how?

brodco
    Free Member

An anti-theft guarantee is a nice idea but it would be impossible for us to control. We are hoping to partner with insurance companies in the near future so that you can enjoy a reduced premium.

oxym0r0n

A secure bike shed no longer an oxymoron

No, I have a garage 😉

brodco
    Free Member

Secured by Design (operated by the Association of Chief Police Officers) estimates that crime accounts for 2% of the UK’s entire CO2 output. You can read their report here. This includes the activities of the emergency services in response to crime and the journeys and manufacturing associated with repair work.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘A secure bike shed no longer an oxymoron…?’ is closed to new replies.