Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • A secure and safe olympics!
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I heard on the radio this morning that all unlicensed air traffic has been banned from flying over London during the olympics. Passenger airlines will carry on as normal though, because they have already run their own passenger checks. So that’s OK, then.

thegreatape
    Free Member

You know that picture is from 2001, don’t you, even if it was in today’s paper? 🙂

GrahamS

What they need are some strategically positioned SAM sites as last line of defence…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ohnohesback
    Free Member

And for all olympic attendees to go barefoot…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

So that’s OK, then.

I detect a note of sarcasm……..can I deduce that you are expecting al-Qaeda to launch an airborne attack from a regular passenger airliner during the Olympic Games ?

Fret not Woppit, I suspect that al-Qaeda will cunningly suspend operations aimed at the UK’s capital for the duration of the Olympic Games, and resume them once the Games are over. I’m sure the UK government’s determination to deploy surface to air missiles in the capital has put paid to any sort of party pooping from al-Qaeda.

johnners
    Free Member

I know some people sign their posts but it’s getting a bit egotistical to use a photo as a signature.

allthepies
    Free Member

applauds 🙂

binners

At the risk of pointing out the bleeding obvious, Richard Reeds shoe-bombing ruse wasn’t very successful was it?

And at the risk of pointing out the even more bleeding obvious, the security on the ground presently looks like a total shambles, so there would be far easier ways to kill a lot of infidels than going to the trouble of hijacking a plane

sas
    Free Member

Do you think terrorists have inflitrated G4S, and are planning to make everyone die of embarrassment?

highclimber
    Free Member

If a terrorist was to fly a plane at a building, the army will blow it up in to 1000s of pieces over residential areas, potentially killing or injuring 1000s of people in the process versus letting the plane hit it’s target, which might only kill 100s? makes perfect sense to me!

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

If a terrorist was to fly a plane at a building, the army will blow it up in to 1000s of pieces over residential areas, potentially killing or injuring 1000s of people in the process versus letting the plane hit it’s target, which might only kill 100s? makes perfect sense to me!

the Olympic stadium has a capacity of 80,000 spectators, plus staff, and the opening ceremony had a cast of about 15000 including the atheletes –

So, a stadium holding 100k people, or a mixed residential and business area which which ‘might’ only kill 100’s

makes perfect sense to me!

binners

Hijacking a plane and flying it into the Olympic stadium would be doing us all a massive favour. I’d imagine they’d just take out half the City’s boardrooms and most of the countries politicians.

And if we could bung an extra couple of billion on the insurance claim, we’d be quids in! 😀

Northwind

It all seems a bit unfair on al queda… They do all that excellent terrorism and insurgency work around the world, in so many countries, and touch the lives of so many people, but all anyone can talk about is flying airliners into buildings. It’s just like my mate John the Goatshagger, nobody ever talks about his charity work.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘A secure and safe olympics!’ is closed to new replies.