Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • A rustynissanprairie
  • RustyNissanPrairie

Having read a few threads on here regarding peoples fancy VW vans/bike haulers I'd thought I'd show you my beauty.

F reg Nissan Prairie M10 with a 150bhp-ish 1.8 Nissan Stanza turbo engine fitted (straight swop), blue front velour seats, rear bench seat, carpet and headlining removed for race lightening/increased bike capacity/hosing out ability, hand painted black sills to hide the rust, front offside wing dented by crashing into a stoned corsa driving chav at CwmCarn.

Would easily do 120mph+ and would only weave over 2 motorway lanes whilst doing so. The best £300 I ever spent, lasted 3-4 years before falling apart.

Please feel free to laugh……

….but do remember your daughter could have been in it at some point. 😉

singlecrack
    Free Member

awsome 😀

markenduro
    Free Member

Nice, bet that was quite a bit of fun with 150bhp and looking like a total shed

RustyNissanPrairie

Not really, it'd torque steer into the nearest hedge, and because of the pillar less front doors and sliding rear doors would twist and flex all over the place, it wasn't too bad once moving, good for going to Glentress/Inners, riding and then back to Rossendale in a day.

Kato

what a beauty

adstick
    Free Member

I was really upset when my Prairie died a couple of years back. No 'performance' mods, but it was a great bike car and super reliable, plus it always got a laugh in the car park. Apparently they're terrible in a crash due to the sliding doors, luckily I never got to put to the test…

adstick
    Free Member

The handling is interesting to say the least.

RustyNissanPrairie

Kato – Member

what a beauty

yep, who says you can't buy style?

cbike
    Free Member

My mum drove one into a truck head on. It did quite well. She bought another white one. It became known as the Pope Mobile. Storage space and access brilliant. I learnt to drive in one.

nickegg
    Free Member

Thats awesome….my first car after uni (2004) was a 1981 Datsun Stanza off eBay for £250 with 27000 miles on the clock!

It was amazing, did huge mileage per tank, rolled all over the place and was faultless for the 12 months i owned it.

flatback
    Free Member

we(my parents) had a brand new one of those in 1985 when i was a kid and i used to get the crap kicked out of me for driving around in a pope mobile

bigyinn
    Free Member

What were you doing with a tea urn in the front??

RustyNissanPrairie

What were you doing with a tea urn in the front??

Tea urn? just because Nissan's demographic for these cars was tea drinking, piss dribbling OAP's who bought them for wheelchair conversions, dosnt mean that all of them ended up on Ebay with low miles and passed away owners.
    That 'tea urn' was infact a cunning disguised chrome pedal bin to keep the bottles of Cristal cold in.
    It wasnt nicknamed the Pussywagon for nothing…………

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘A rustynissanprairie’ is closed to new replies.