Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • A rubbish pic of my new road bike
  • bol

Well I’ve had it built for a few weeks and finally got the new bars and saddle on it last night, so I thought I’d post it up. For all its qualities the iPhone 4 has a rubbish camera, as you can see. It’s a Lynskey Planet X Sportive (thanks bigdugbaws) with 105 and Roval Eshappees. Intended to be my year round road bike. Loving it so far.

oldgit
    Free Member

Man alive that’s some drop you have there! is that okay?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Flip the stem and lower the saddle it’s not an MTB.

EDIT: I think the frame is too small for you.

seanoc
    Free Member

Pretty; those seat stays just look comfy. Can you get a rack on it?

stoney
    Free Member

Now that`s what i call A#*e up and head down….. 😯

Even more so than this of mine

Nice bike and it should ride very very well. I `ve had a Lynsky before and now have a Ti456 (Lynsky) so i know what they are like…

Enjoy it mate 😛

bol

It’s pretty comfy. In fact, with the stays and the carbon bars it’s amazing how much road chatter I can feel through the pedals.

Kingtut: Not sure I could ride it with the seat much lower. I will flip the stem to negative, but that’s going to have to wait until I splurge on some forks with a longer steerer. It’s a bit racey otherwise (and the feeling of my gut pressing against my legs is a bit depressing too).

Seanoc: No, no rack mounts, but mudguards will fit I’m told.

bol

Yes, I think it might technically be a bit small, although my back is straight when I ride it, and nothing is hurting after a 50+ mile ride. I think high saddle, low bars must just fit my oddly proportioned body. It’s a bloody xl too though, and I’ve vowed not to buy any more bikes that look like gates.

RealMan
    Free Member

Quite nice looking actually, despite what looks like a 45 degree 200mm stem.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

That looks awful.

Maybe not awful, but just all out of preportion..

Sorry.

🙁

bol

Yeh, I don’t think I got it’s most flattering angle. The stem is only 120mm x 6 degree rise!

stoney
    Free Member

I think that`s a liile unfair ttsugars…. Bol is oviously a tall fella and so needs a large “gate” to fit…..

Bol, my tucked position is also knees up in the chest, flat back etc. If its comfy then thats all good IMO.

BTW this is my new ride….No full pics till the weekend as i have`nt got the tubs on the wheels sorted yet 🙄

oldgit
    Free Member

stoney, that’s some great kit you have there. The TT machine sceams commitment. And is that one of those Trek factory/custom build jobs?

stoney
    Free Member

It is indeed Oldgit….. The tt bike is something i`ve wanted for 10 years… 😯

The Trek Project 1 is kinda my 40th b.bay prezzy….. 🙄

I also ride a Ti456 with nice kit on….

And a VERY VERY VERY tolarant wife 😉

winterfold
    Free Member

Lovely looking bike but no offence mate would like to see a pic of you on it cos can’t help but think it’s a bit low at the front

That said nice to see it that way round rather than tall headtube sportive bathchairs

Triple mayonnaise with your frites and leffe?

bol

Another rubbish pic. I think the riding position looks a bit less radical from this angle, but yes, a bit arse up I suppose.

stoney
    Free Member

There`s nowt wrong with that mate 😛

DavidB
    Free Member

My new steed about to head out on a huge adventure

cozz
    Free Member

Seems a few have been building road bikes, me included

a schwinn fastback comp frameset off ebay, ultegra / dura ace build with fsa carbon bars(ebay), control tech stem (forum)ultegra wheels (ebay) all parts new or hardly used

I’m most pleased that it could pass for a showroom model and doesnt look like a parts bin special (well I think so)

just had to pimp it up with teh white chain tho’

Just built this week, and now its raining

oldgit
    Free Member

And a VERY VERY VERY tolarant wife

Yeah you must have, I’m more than ten years older than you and your TT bike is worth more than three times all my race bikes put together.

njee20
    Free Member

Green frame and pink cables? That already looks gopping. Shame, some of the Project One finishes are awesome.

takisawa2

Sorry, but too much exotica here.
    Time to balance the books… 🙂

IMG_5319 by pten2106, on Flickr

ton

Bol…………….that looks cock on mate.
    if you get fed up with it, i know a bloke who would love a test ride on it……… 8)

bol

It’s about time I sold something to you for a change Ton. I think this one’s going to be a keeper for a good while though. 😀

stoney
    Free Member

Nice Schwinn there cozz…..Looks good with the black n white… 😛

You can`t beat colour co-ordination 😆

The pink n green thing has more likes than disslikes it would seem, just wait till the wheels are on with CK pink hubs as well….. 😯

njee20
    Free Member

King hubs on the road are just wrong! A Project One Madone needs some carbon deeps.

upcreek
    Free Member

Nice bike bol. Regret not getting one myself. Takisawa2 nice retro 😀

stoney
    Free Member

Something like these njee20 ❓

😉

Kuco

I like it bol 🙂

takisawa2 been a while since i’ve seen downtube shifters.

clunker

Nice to see some road bikes for a change, nice ones too 8)

Here is mine….

firestarter
    Free Member

Mine I like it tho currently in two minds whether to sell to buy a ti mtb or not

MrOvershoot

Old commute bike, used to have downtube shifters but put some cheap Sora STI units on as I was having a few brown trouser moments not being on the brakes on busy roads (never used to be problem? )

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

High saddles work well if your tall.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

It looks a lot better in that 2nd pic.. It has to be said.. 🙂

I’m thinking of changing my frame this year, dunno what to mind, but Ti does look nice..

My current roadbike..

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘A rubbish pic of my new road bike’ is closed to new replies.