Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • A row of evenly spaced spoons…
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Cleaned by an anally retentive obsessive IT prick at my work who every dress down Friday still turns up in his suit and tie….. freeeeak!!!!

He thanked me for putting my bowl in the dishwasher today… 'its not your clucking kitchen mate'. This guy makes me want to smash something!!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Go and mess with his pencils. They hate that.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It seems that the whole of the rest of the office spends its time pushing his spoons back into the sink.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Have you got any superglue? They hate that too 🙂

iron_maiden_man
    Free Member

replace a spoon with a "spork" that'll mess with his head

surfer
    Free Member

You'll soon be polishing his spoons when he "re configures" the proxy to stop you logging onto STW!!!

goon
    Free Member

….IT prick at my work who every dress down Friday still turns up in his suit and tie…..

In my IT department, we have no dress policy. There's a dick here who comes in a suit Monday to Thursday and has his OWN dress down Friday.

fadda

I quite like a nice orderly row of spoons…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Holy fwck there are some strange people out there!

Luckily this guy is 'data solutions' he has no technical knowledge whatsover….

jon1973
    Free Member

goon – that's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

surfer
    Free Member

We have Marketing pricks, Finance pricks and sales pricks in my company, amongst others.
    What type of prick are you yeti?

hainey
    Free Member

goon – that's the funniest thing I've ever heard.

Christ you should get out more. 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Finance prick… this IT prick is costing the company >3k per annum to clean spoons.

jon1973
    Free Member

Christ you should get out more

and the spork idea, that was funny too… 😆

Anyway, I've got pencils to sharpen.

molgrips
    Free Member

Go easy on the poor guy, it's not his fault he's locked in an obsessive autistic hell of a life where dirty un-organised spoons are everywhere…

As for dressing down – MOST of the IT staff at Companies House wear smart clothes and ties despite there being no dress policy – and they dress down on Fridays too.

wwaswas

the problem with sharpening your pencils is making sure they are all the same length after you've sharpened them.

If it all goes wrong you end up with a desk covered in inch long stubs and a bin full of wood shavings.

JEngledow
    Free Member

If you really want to screw with him, break a few plates, bowls and cups and then replace them with random others, the mix of un-matching crockery will be too much for him to cope with 😈

Milkie
    Free Member

He thanked me for putting my bowl in the dishwasher today… 'its not your clucking kitchen mate'. This guy makes me want to smash something!!

Reminds me of the kitchen thread earlier this week.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

wwaswas – 😆

convert

My wife was showing traces of OCD in her house cleanliness obsessions. It did my head in until one day she fessed up to her problem with the immortal words "I know I have an issue with keeping the house clean. I'm really sorry. It's my problem and I don't expect you want to keep it as as clean as I seem to want to. I'll work around you". Result! No more cleaning for me and no guilt complex!

OCDs suffers are great. Go on, admit it – if there were no clean mugs, spoons etc to hand it would be a right faff trying to find some. You have your own gimp there making sure you never have to go a searching!

goon
    Free Member

the IT staff at Companies House wear smart clothes and ties despite there being no dress policy – and they dress down on Fridays too.

Ok, so there's a load of dicks at Companies House too…. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

I'm not saying anything more on the subject 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

In my IT department, we have no dress policy. There's a dick here who comes in a suit Monday to Thursday and has his OWN dress down Friday

i laughed – then realised i do that. no dress code – but the guys i share an office with 'invented' a dress down friday!!

currently sat in my ssuk08 T shirt.

wwaswas

I work at home.

I try and get dressed before 9am because it feels 'wierd' talking to colleagues and customers in a dressing gown.

surfer
    Free Member

>3k per annum to clean spoons.

😆

Drac

Send him to my work he'll have a field day cleaning up after the lazy gits who leave dishes in the sink and put them away unwashed.

So the guy likes to dress smart every day of the week and you follow the crowd?

IanMunro
    Free Member

We should do wear a dress fridays. I'm currently wearing a cheekly little thing from monsoon.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Tis a tad funny to see, but ultimately it's hardly something to get wound up about is it. I mean there are bigger fish to fry than worrying that someone has OCD tendencies and likes to thank you for keeping the communal kitchen clean.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Not today there's not… today is disturb Mr OCD day.

Nice try Drac but if he dresses like that at home then the guy is a nutter… just the way he speaks (including to his kids on the phone) suggests axe murderer tendancies to me.

[Edit] Nicely polished, arranged in descending order of size, axe murderer tendancies[Edit]

surfer
    Free Member

just the way he speaks (including to his kids on the phone) s

Wow. Are you stalking him? Is this some type of reverse psychology?

coffeeking
    Free Member

TSY – you worry me more than he would – why are you paying such close attention to other guys in your office? I think someone here should take a step back and look at themselves in the mirror! 🙂

Drac

Nice try Drac but if he dresses like that at home then the guy is a nutter

How do you know he dresses like this at home?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Haha, no he used to be sat opposite me… 'see you in the morrow' was his departing farewell.

He seems to get moved around the office quite frequently…. now sat in a cubby hole normally used for external contractors, seems no one can stand him.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

if he dresses like that at home then the guy is a nutter

gravitysucks
    Free Member

OCD has its place. Our baby sitter has it and everytime she's round the kids rooms look they've been on a photoshoot for some Home Magazine.

tracknicko
    Free Member

only one thing for it.

trousers and pants off, then bumslide along his desk. like a dog.

magic.

IanMunro
    Free Member

OCD has its place. Our baby sitter has it and everytime she's round the kids rooms look they've been on a photoshoot for some Home Magazine.

I've got a friend like that, it's great, you leave her in a room for 2 minutes, come back and everything is neatly arranged.
    It would take me a whole day to achieve a similar effect 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

higgo
    Free Member

This is going back to when I started here (in '94) and things are different now but…

After I was offered this job I was asked to come onto site a few days before starting to sort a few bits and bobs out. As I was being walked off-site the guy from HR said "We don't have a dress code here but everyone on your grade wears a shirt and tie". So I turned up on my first day in suit, shirt and tie, got a few odd looks and gradually it dawned that everyone on my grade wore trousers, shirt and tie. Managers wore a suit.

Like I say, things are very different now and I wear pretty much what I like depending on what I'm doing and who I'm meeting. There is a general slide towards casualness as the week goes on.

Anyway, spoons – put the slightly off-kilter and spray them with contact nerve toxin?

nicko74

This thread has reduced me to giggling like a girl, love it 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘A row of evenly spaced spoons…’ is closed to new replies.