Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • A retro what's it worth?
  • jam-bo

I’ve been asked to sell this. I don’t really know where to start…

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

Why do they sell screen wash in 5 litre containers when cars water bottle is only 4 litres?
    Do Carplan not own cars themselves?

cjr61

I’ll give you a tenner and a bottle of my home brew in about 2 months!

Might be worth trying retrobike.co.uk though.

Nice bike that!

jam-bo

it is annoying isn’t it.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Nice lovely frames those I reckon thats got to be worth £350-£400

If it was a bit bigger i would be interested!

munrobiker
    Free Member

Probably not a lot, but I always sort of wanted one.

Trekster

I’ve got a ’96 Trek Y22, found one on the internet going for £750!!!!!

Might want to try here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/

wwaswas

Why do they sell screen wash in 5 litre containers when cars water bottle is only 4 litres?

buy concentrate, you know it makes sense!

Trekster

?

Rubber_Buccaneer

96 Trek Y22

Strange thing is I’d be more likely to buy one of the really bad suspension designs like the Y22 or a Klein Mantra than one of the better ones, just for the novelty value.

Wozza
    Free Member

You must think we’re idiots, look what that clamp has done to the top tube.

amedias
    Free Member

Nice lovely frames those I reckon thats got to be worth £350-£400

They are nice, and still very very quick as far as short travel XC bikes go, but that pricing is a bit optimistic I think…

These tend to go for between £200 and £500 as full bikes depending on condition and spec.

I’ve seen and XT/XTR’d top level one go for £650, but I’ve also seen a basic deore spec’d one with a worn shock sell for £150.

I’m pretty sure the last of that design Scalpel were 2007/2008, not sure what year that one is, but even assuming it’s on of the last (paintjob suggests it is) it’s still a 7-8 year old frame, of a very specific nature/intended use, and for an obsolete (in XC 😉 ) wheel size. I’d still have one though at the right price and in my size!

So make of that what you will, as usual depends on condition more than anything.

jam-bo

I’d still have one though at the right price and in my size!

perfect size for you and I could even deliver to Ride-on on saturday. I was going to drop load of other stuff down that I can’t be bothered sell.

email in profile if your are interested and I’m sure we could work out an ameniable price.

belugabob
    Free Member

What would Bruce Willis do?

amedias
    Free Member

must resist…. 😳

YGM

mindmap3
    Free Member

I think it’s in that funy age, where it’s not modern enough to appeal to most (ie 26inch, not compatibel with dropper posts etc) but not yet old or retro enough to excite the chaps on Retrobike.

chestrockwell

Certainly too modern to be considered retro!

Gary_M
    Free Member

it is annoying isn’t it.

Not really, you don’t generally let the screenwash reservoir go completely empty before topping up so even if the amount in the container was the same as the amount in the reservoir you would still have some left in the container.

jam-bo

you don’t generally let the screenwash reservoir go completely empty before topping up

I wait until the car starts pinging at me + about a week until it gets really annoying.

sbob
    Free Member

jam bo – Member

I wait until the car starts pinging at me + about a week until it gets really annoying.

So glad I drive a 20yr old car.

Halfords mixed berry scented FTW!

benkitcher
    Free Member

Either the ST4 frame is tiny, or the Cannondale is HUUGGGGEEEEE.

vondally
    Free Member

what size is the scalpel?

jam-bo

A medium but maybe sold.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

If anyone wants a good as new 2003 Turner Burner in large for stupidly big money then email in profile & I’m happy to take your money 😉

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘A retro what's it worth?’ is closed to new replies.