Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • A Real Man’s job.
  • Drac

Not sure they’d get away with this kind of advertising now.

jimjam
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Not sure they’d get away with this kind of advertising now.

No they’d have to come up with some kind of gender neutral non specific non discriminatory equal opportunities advert. We wouldn’t want to discourage the stampede of women who would otherwise be dying to become coal miners 😆

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Yeah because now memes took over and anyway all the SJWs have policed all of our ads so snowflake cucks and feminazis.

Or something. It would be cool to denigrate delivery-bicycle-riding pooftahs who are grocery-fetching girly-men. We could do it via a National Advertising Council or somesuch, but until after Brexit we’re stuck with the PC brigade.

*edit, haha cross-post. Kind of 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bencooper
    Free Member

Cute girls love a bit of Black Lung.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Yep nursing lung cancer.

jimjam
    Free Member

Drac

A bit of COPD did no one any harm.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

As well as testicular cancer, apparently high rates amongst miners and other “dirty jobs” due to sticking your hands in your pockets… perhaps as this won’t affect the women as much they could use that as an advertising hook.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Cute girls love a bit of Black Lung.

Typical snarky libtard response. If it was down to you lot we wouldn’t even have mining we’d have to use electricity made from unicorns and kisses.

Anyway, girls like men dirty. The whole POINT of the ad showing the bicycle-poofter was that he wasn’t a real man but he’d get hot chicks and a motorbike if he’d stop being so wet and man-up.

The ‘mining’ example could equally well have been any other realman’s job, the mine wasn’t the focus of the ad. The focus was our Nation suffering not brain-drain but testicle-drain caused by pop music and drugs and leftie politics. It could have equally been mechanics or engineering or blasting in a quarry or the Army. I’m sure cuckolded snowflakes will try and frame it as some kind of ‘scandal’ as if the country was short of miners so decided to play on young men’s insecurity/emasculation-fears by using ‘hyper-masculine gender stereotypes’ or some other bollocks.

This is the problem with lefties – when they meet hard truth it feels like an unstoppable force and threatens to explode their paradigm/glittery safe-spaces. But rather than face the truth and change themsleves, they just try and change the truth. And it ALWAYS comes back to bite them in the ass. Brexit. Hahahahahah. No more girly-men shopping on bicycles. Women of England* have had enough of perfumed ponces in tight jeans.

*If there are actual any women left. Hard to to tell these days with Jezza’s self-conscious gender-neutral army of human lettuce-leaves. Watch my words be deleted. PC brigade are everywhere..

enfht
    Free Member

Smash the gender pay gap and get women down the mines.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ha, soft girly mincer coal miner fairies, they wanna try shipbuilding, I’ve literally got a dozen bee-hatches teabagging me right now. Literally.

tomhoward

Thought this would be about TDF posts, never mind…

beej

@tom, me too!

project
    Free Member

Thats where i obviously took the wrong apprenticeship, Paul.

Edukator
    Free Member

dannyh
    Free Member

Come and work down t’pit and you might get your leg over.

I mean, come on, in what era would people fall for such obvious bullshit?

singlespeedstu

Malvern Rider.
    Out of interest what do you do for a living?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Looking at that poster, I reckon my Dad must have seen it, because that’s pretty much what he did, as an engineering graduate, he became a pit-face fitter, repairing the mining machinery.
    Then striking dickheads did him a favour when he wouldn’t strike (As he had me to feed….) and they harassed him until he left and he left and went to work for Metal Box, where he spent the rest of his working life, and was earning a jeffing fortune by the late 80s. He did work hard for it though, 14 hour night shifts 7 days a week sometimes….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Don’t forget £120m to call a failed election..

And by a Woman, a Woman …

Where’s the ironing..

mrdobermann
    Free Member

@malvernRider The ad was by and for the NCB! The focus was clearly on working for NASA or maybe a unicorn farm 🙄

Drac

I don’t think he’s being serious.

MSP

FFS malvenriders post was blatantly satirical, anyone taking it seriously really really needs to have a word with themselves.

beej

Indeedy, and beautifully written.

mrdobermann
    Free Member

Lol

brakes
    Free Member

just for the record, I work for a mining company.
    grrrr.

holmes81
    Free Member

@brakes please tell me you are called Paul and are earning £10 a week 😆

brakes
    Free Member

actually one out of those two things is true 😀

brakes
    Free Member

and I did used to find it hard to find women.
    but that was mainly the wife’s fault.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Couldn’t find any satire in the post.. maybe it’s too subtle.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Invocation of Poe’s law complete 😉

Sorry times …

adjustablewench
    Free Member

From my days of working on the coal health compensation scheme I remember that it was a real man’s job back until thatcher came along . . . Well, women (and children)had been banned from working in mines in victorian times. The thatcher government then overturned this on the basis gender equality – shortly before she did all the other pit related ‘malarkey’.

So you could say it really was a man’s job.

grtdkad

…and to wrap-it all up with a subtle winky-face finale.
    Chapeau Malvern Rider.

senorj

I remember that poster from technical college.
    My Grandfather emigrated to avoid a life down the pit – horrible job apparently.

bob_summers

I remember that poster from technical college.

I thought it was a spoof ad from an old copy of Viz 😳

martinhutch

Much sniggering here at folk taking Malvern Rider’s post seriously!

garage-dweller

[video]https://youtu.be/MkihKpnx5yM[/video]

I am also now pretty certain I know brakes from many many years ago (unless the true fact is he’s only on £10 a week).

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Much sniggering here at folk taking Malvern Rider seriously!

A first!

(Considers career in Nationalist/Chauvinist politics)

Dickyboy

I only worked in a coal mine for 13 months but it still took two weeks to stop coughing up black phlegm, guys I was working with had been at it 40yrs – since the days of George Orwell’s road to Wigan pier which is an eye opener if you’ve not read it.
    Seems hard to believe I once spent my working day crawling around underground in the dark.

martinhutch

(Considers career in Nationalist/Chauvinist politics)

You have a flair for it, clearly. 🙂

Any interest in rabble-rousing?

hols2
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘A Real Man’s job.’ is closed to new replies.