Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • A rattle in my domain forks……
  • moniex
    Free Member

hi all,

Just got some hand me down domain RC forks (318?) to put on a bike build for my fiends son. They came on the spesh sx trail and have 170 fixed travel. Very good cosmetic condition, used twice for a week in the Alps.

Rebound seems to work fine, damper not really. My son has 180 fixed domain with the damper installed and when it’s fully on forks are nearly locked out. On the new domains it does not really make a difference.

Also, when tipping them (they are not in a frame) there seems to be a rattle, or something moving about in the damper leg.

Any tips?

I have done a lower leg service on my sons domains before, and have all the oils etc and a new service kit.

Just open them up?

Bit more worried as they are not mine!

Thanks Simone

moniex
    Free Member

Any suggestions?

spw3

Have you used them yet? And do you now own them? If not then give them back with thanks and point out the problem. It sounds like the damper is bished.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/rs-revelation-damping-problems

Got to be worth opening them up to have a look.

moniex
    Free Member

They are not mine, they are my friends (I am building up a bike for her son). The domains only cost her £30 from another friend and came with a service kit. Great cosmetic condition, not much use. He did tell us about the issues, friend decided to get them anyway.

My son has some domains and when the local suspension dude installed the compression damper it did not work, turned out there was simply too much oil in it, may be the problem here.

Cheers for the Rev link, that may be the problem.

Looks like I’ll have to open them up…..was hoping to get some clues before I start.

She may just decide to let her son ride them until he breaks something on them and have them serviced then.

Simone

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘A rattle in my domain forks……’ is closed to new replies.