Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • A rather different "Recommend me a saddle" thread….
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As in, can you please recommend me a saddle for someone who’s recently had a bout of arse-cancer?

My father has recently given the big C the big heave-ho, which is a Good Thing. He now wants to get back on the bike to build himself back up again. Starting on the turbo, then developing from there. Problem is, operations around the 70’s Tea Towel Holder have left him a little the worse for wear in the “comfort on a saddle” front.

Any bright ideas? I had thought of one of those two-pad ones you see occasion. No idea what they’re called, but they have two separate pads for your sit bones. Are these any good?

So, good people of STW, your suggestions please…..

Stoner
    Free Member
    yossarian
    Free Member

Great news for your dad and you CFH, happy for you.

Not sure about saddles, personally I’d get some decent off forum/real world medical chap style advice and then head over to brookes with a custom spec.

racefaceec90

glad your father is ok 😀 nothing else to add i’m afraid 😳

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Stoner, thanks. Some serious oddness on there! Will research.
    Yossarian, we’re talking to medical professionals too. They’re a little bemused at present! 😉

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Daft tho it sounds check out halfords – they usualy have some massive cheap gel ones. Not a lot of money to invest in trying.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_756501_langId_-1_categoryId_165588

belugabob
    Free Member

You could check these out – my friends wife could hardly ride a mile without a “bottom break”, until she got one of these – now we can hardly stop her.

Rido Saddles (She got the R2 model)

Wish you dad good luck for me.

P.S. I’m so glad I wasn’t drinking anything when I read your ‘Tea Towel Holder’ comment, or I’d now be cleaning my keyboard 😉

monksie
    Free Member

Well done that man!

Does it have it be a bicycle? Bearing in mind the delicate subject of your dad’s posterior, this could be genius or ridiculous but I’ve seen a couple of people racing along the A6 in Stockport on them.
    http://www.elliptigo.co.uk/products/elliptigo-3c/

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Monksie, that’s in consideration already! As is a recumbent.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘A rather different "Recommend me a saddle" thread….’ is closed to new replies.