Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A question for those with points on their driving licence
  • johnduke
    Free Member

I've had to send my driving licence off to have an endorsement added (both parts have to be sent off) It's my first 3 points so I know I'm not being disqualified. Does anyone know if I'm allowed to be out driving while my licence is away? I have a photocopy of it and would obviously carry ID to back that up. I've tried to work this out with google wisdom but can't find the relevant info. Any one know for sure?

This is a bike related question, honest, I only need to make the trip to drop my frame off for a respray!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Yes, you can drive.

mboy
    Free Member

You haven't lost your license (it's only 3 points) so of course you can carry on…

If you got pulled over again, hence needing to produce your license whilst it's away, just tell them it's with the DVLA. Usually they will then give you a month to produce instead of a week (so I'm told).

Ed2001
    Free Member

You should have told him he had to stay indoors until he got his licence back the naughty boy.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

12 points and you can 'declare yourself out' !
    Well disqualified by totting up anyway 😆

Burls72
    Free Member

If you got pulled over again, hence needing to produce your license whilst it's away, just tell them it's with the DVLA. Usually they will then give you a month to produce instead of a week (so I'm told).

I got pulled over and asked to produce my documents but I couldn't find my licence. When I went in and explained I was read my writes for not producing the driving licence but nothing came of it. This was approx 15 years ago tho!

gcaster
    Free Member

Welcome to the club.

Points make prizes! 😆

mr_mills
    Free Member

When I got done for speeding I had to take the licence into the police station for them to send off. The speeding ticket had a little tear off bit that they fill in and give you back and you produce that instead of your licence if you get stopped again.

I lost that, and then the police lost my licence. Idiots.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A question for those with points on their driving licence’ is closed to new replies.