Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A question for those of you who lease your cars
  • Rosss
    Free Member

Did your insurance rocket up? I’m looking at either buying a older 2nd hand car or leasing a newer less powerful and safer new car trouble is the usual insurance comapnies through compare the market don’t seem interested when I change the car. I’m trying to work out if it’s because it’s a leased car or the extra value of the car is affecting the quotes. Thanks!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Brand new cars can be cheaper to insure because they get looked after better*

*generalisation, no doubt, but statistics – that’s the gist of it apparently.

hopkinsgm

Newer cars tend to have more safety features. Yes, air bags and whatnot are expensive to replace, but it’s probably less expensive than paying out on a personal injury claim…

Newer cars also tend to have better security than older cars did, so less likely to get nicked

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    allthepies
    Free Member

My insurance was included so no 🙂

Rosss
    Free Member

Interesting, your replies were along the lines of what I was thinking but the leased car is coming out over double the price of the 2nd car. 2nd hand is a 2.0 Golf GTI, lease is 1.8 Polo GTI

simon_g

The comparison sites seem to struggle with the leased thing. Many will accept a private lease fine but the online sites don’t – get a quote as if you own it then call up and explain.

Currently with Priviledge, who have a nice simple quote process and don’t distinguish between a private lease and any other type of finance. Now have a Golf R wagon which is the cheapest car I’ve insured so far, probably because of the safety features that will auto-brake if it thinks you’d otherwise hit something.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A question for those of you who lease your cars’ is closed to new replies.