Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A question for the suspension gurus out there….
  • haggis1978

I have a Ritchey P-29er with a Sid RCT3 on the front with 100mm travel. Now the geometry on the Ritchey isn’t too unlike the Cotic Solaris with a 100mm travel fork so I’m thinking of putting a 120mm fork on the front. Trouble is finding a 120mm travel fork to suit with the correct steerer so the question is can my existing forks be converted to run 120mm? Cheers

khani
    Free Member

Some can some cant, the only way to be sure is to pull em apart and look for a spacer..

haggis1978

They were originally a 100mm fork so I’m not sure if pulling out a spacer is an option. I’m thinking more about changing out fork internals to be honest.

khani
    Free Member

If it’s not got a spacer installed just changing the internals won’t work, you’d need a new CSU with longer stantions as well as possibly new internal bits..

haggis1978

That’s what I thought but was hoping wouldn’t be necessary, changing the CSU that is.

khani
    Free Member

Tbh I’d be wary of running a P29 at 120, the geometry might be similar to a Solaris but the tubes are quite a bit lighter and thinner,
    It’s a different (sexier) beast IMO..

donal
    Free Member

Are there sag markings for 120 mm travel. My old sid rct3 had markings for both 100mm and 120mm. It maybe that you just need a new 120mm air spring.

haggis1978

No markings for 120 on the fork and you’re probably right khani about the thinner tubes as well. Had a bad OTB last week resulting in a broken arm, and minimum 12 weeks off the bike and hence am looking at ways to make my bikes more downhill friendly without sacrificing any of them. I want to keep the P-29er as it is quite stunning but thinking I need something with big wheels, more suspension and dropper post compatibility.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A question for the suspension gurus out there….’ is closed to new replies.