Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • A question for the recruiting people, would you:
  • juan
    Free Member

I had an interview yesterday with a IT service company (comp 1). Prior to this interview I had a phone call from another IT service company (comp2).
    The person who interviewed me yesterday asked me if I had apply for other companies, as they have an open policy and they don’t want a CV to be submitted twice to the same client. I told them the truth, although yesterday I couldn’t remember exactly the job I had apply the the other company (comp2).
    Today I email her saying that I appreciate them being transparent and honest and that I could send her the add I applied for.

When I do so, should I say to comp 1 that I am willing to call comp 2 and retract my application? Or should I wait to be sure they want to hire me? Or at least should I give them a hint that I will do so?

Cheers

BigJohn

All recruiters ask that question in order to find which companies are actively recruiting, so they can phone up and try to get their candidates in the job.

This ALWAYS works against candidates who are asked the question and you should tell them to let you know who they’re considering putting you up to and you will tell them if they’ve already had your CV.

juan
    Free Member

thanks john.
    My dilema is that if I tell company one that I will call company 2 and cancel my application. I am shooting myself in one foot. If I tell them nothing, they will not put my CV for their clients and they might just forget about my application too.

At this point I shall say, company one call me once and make me come for an interview. Company 2 just called me once so see if I could tick all the boxes.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Standard lead generation practice in recruitment.

Tell them that you will be happy to let them know if you have already been submitted to any companies they want to put you forward to.

Do not tell them where you are interviewing unless you want lots of immediate extra competition for the role.

Boils my piss it does, very shoddy practice.

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

Speaking as an IT Recruiter, by all means tell them you have other interviews going on it means they know you are of interest to others. Its up to you if you tell them the other client but its none of their business so personally I wouldn’t.

No reason why it should cause issues with the first company, they know that if they do not submit your cv to their client somebody else may, they cannot take the risk of not sending your cv.

Good luck

Cougar

its none of their business

This.

“Are you applying elsewhere” – yes, of course I am, I’m looking for work.
    “Can we have the details?” – no, on your bikey.

toby1

More like ‘No do your own job’.

If we got the same CV in from 2 different recruiters the first one to send it in would get the commission.

Getting a CV in from one of your own staff, now that’s just awkward – and has happened here – sloppy recruitment as it’s best!

spacemonkey

+1 for what Cougar says – it’s none of their business.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘A question for the recruiting people, would you:’ is closed to new replies.