Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • A question for the girls
  • jota180
    Free Member

My lovely [strike]domestic assistant[/strike] wife is ill and my two [strike]trainees[/strike] daughters have cleared off somewhere, meaning I’m left having to do the washing, I tried negotiating a postponement but no joy.

Anyway, enough of the preamble – Girls, why on earth do you take your clothes off in one lump? Trousers, knickers and tights all together, what’s that all about?
    It’s bad enough that I have to sort through the said items for the duration but come on ……….

konadad
    Free Member

oh dear that’s how i take off my bike stuff. its like i have just melted and all thats left is a neat pile.

shoes.socks.tights.padded shorts.base layer.jacket.gloves. all in a little pile.

my little lass undresses explosion style, but the tights are like a Japanese finger trap

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Girls, why on earth do you take your clothes off in one lump?

I don’t. But then I’m not a girl, I’m a Lady 🙂

bencooper
    Free Member

The two females in my life tend to do it in two ways, which I’ve categorised as:

The Rapture: The clothes look as if the person’s earthly remains have been lifted up to heaven in a split second, leaving all their clothes behind in a neat person-shaped pattern.

The Stripper at Twickenham: The clothes are spread randomly through several rooms, as if the person was attempting to escape from a policeman – extra points are given for getting clothes on top of the wardrobe, hanging from the ceiling light, stuff like that.

maccruiskeen

The clothes are spread randomly through several rooms, as if the person was attempting to escape from a policeman – extra points are given for getting clothes on top of the wardrobe, hanging from the ceiling light, stuff like that.

Maybe you just need to change your ringtone 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zcq_xLi2NGo[/video]

althepal

^^ like^^

oliverd1981
    Free Member

Just do your washing – even if you only wear 1 pair of jeans week it will still somehow make up more than 50% of the bulk.

Don’t forget to empty the tissues out of your pockets.

ThePilot
    Free Member

A question for the OP:
    Why do you feel the need to be such a sexist bleep?
    Girls/women take their clothes off in as many different ways as boys/men do.
    And as for calling you wife a domestic assistant, I only hope the poor woman sees sense one day and rides off onto the sunset without you.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Aw c’mon, it made me laugh . . . and bencooper – 😆 😆 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Which are you then, Mama? Rapture or stripper? 😉

matt_outandabout

Girls, why on earth do you take your clothes off in one lump? Trousers, knickers and tights all together, what’s that all about?

matt_outandabout

BC – ace.

carlosg
    Free Member

Come on this is STW someone has to be morally outraged on behalf of the rest of us who can see it was meant in jest.
    I circumvented the Op’s problem by marrying a tomboy and having sons 😀

LadyGresley
    Free Member

The Pilot – Member
    A question for the OP:
    Why do you feel the need to be such a sexist bleep?
    Girls/women take their clothes off in as many different ways as boys/men do.
    And as for calling you wife a domestic assistant, I only hope the poor woman sees sense one day and rides off onto the sunset without you.

Lol, that’s even funnier than the original post 😆 😀

PS You are joking, aren’t you??

jota180
    Free Member

I’m only hoping the backlog of ironing doesn’t get too much for her.

Diane
    Free Member

Tights – what are they? I’ve got some ‘Skins’ – is that what you mean?

zokes
    Free Member

The Pilot – Post modernist ironic troll

Grimy
    Free Member

The rapture I can handle 😆 Its the ironing that I cant deal with, or more specifically her fancy pleated blouse’s she wears. Her favorite two have an unfathomable mass of material that falls from the neck and cross over under her bust is a plethora of pleats that you just cant get an iron too. It takes me half an hour a piece to iron them 😡

bencooper
    Free Member

I avoid that problem by not owning an iron.

matt_outandabout

You need to inspect the pleats before she removes the blouse, for you to remember what they look like. 😉

kiwijohn

THE TISSUES! DON’T FORGET ALL THE BLOODY TISSUES!

bigblackshed

The Wife is the “leggings-knickers-socks-in-one-go” type. It’s like a different rubiks puzzle everyday. Unfortunately my sons have learned the same trick. The eldest can even manage to get undressed in front of the washing basket and miss with every item. His socks are in the “pick them up with tongs” category.

ojom
    Free Member

Not just you who finds a million tissues a day then?
    Also, crumpled up bus tickets. WTF. BIN THEM!

fasthaggis

The times they are a changing ,or maybe not.

jota180
    Free Member

I’ll have to go and fire up the iron this afternoon, the bloody thing looks like the battlestar galactica and probably needs a training course to operate.
    I can manage a shirt OK but nothing fancier than that.
    Didn’t notice any tissues in the washing pile

njee20
    Free Member

No, you don’t, they’re secreted in the hidden most pocket, so they merely dissolve into thousands of tiny pieces and spread them throughout the rest of the wash.

jota180
    Free Member

The washing came out OK so I guess I got lucky

Grimy
    Free Member

Now that obviously more men are doing their share of the laundry, I wonder how long it is before we meddle with the system and improve it, or at least cash in on the thousands of men who look at the crazy symbols and dials on a washing machine in utter confusion.

I’m all for adding a barcode to the clothes lables, so that you can scan them into a washing machine fitted with a neat little barcode reader in the door opening that then programs the machine for the right wash setting, or at least tells you to take it out again and not to be silly. (maybe even in a pre recorded message from your wife 😆 )

You could do the same with the Iron. Lets face it, we have a knack of over complicating stuff, so i’m surprised its not already been done!

RustySpanner

I use an old fashioned solid flat iron.

It gives a much superior finish than the everyday electric irons that you probably use, but of course, it takes much, much more skill and expertise to use it properly.

I’m getting a titanium one made at the mo by Andre Lenor, the French ti-iron expert. His radical truss rod handle system isn’t for everyone, but once you’ve tried it…well.

zippykona

Mr Spanner,I salute you!
    Anyway we all know body heat gets rid of creases.Found a pair of trousers in the loft. Been crumpled up for over a year in a box.2 hours later,look pristine.

Rscott
    Free Member

If they cant separate the clothes just bung them in and turn on.

Can someone explain what the need for all the numbers is, even when mymum did my washing and my now missis they use the same setting for everything and just adjust the heat.

3 easy care,

30 degrees

unless my stuffs in it when it goes to nucular.

What are the other 13 settings for.

mamadirt
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Which are you then, Mama? Rapture or stripper?

A lady never tells 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

Now that obviously more men are doing their share of the laundry, I wonder how long it is before we meddle with the system and improve it, or at least cash in on the thousands of men who look at the crazy symbols and dials on a washing machine in utter confusion.

Our washing machine has a “mixed wash” setting. I use that for everything – cos everything is a mixture of stuff, isn’t it?

I do separate the shop rags out, though, and run them through separately.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Men doing ironing? WTF?

theotherjonv

I have to do my own – the only time I’d let the wife near my good works shirts would be the time it becomes fashionable to have an iron shaped scorch mark on the back.

In hindsight, the first proper date we went on, i’d booked a nice restaurant and with her soon to be customary level of organisation, when I arrived to pick her up she’d just realised the top she was planning to wear was still in the ironing basket. So I had to iron it for her while she finished getting ready. I believe that’s what’s called a rod for your own back.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

aka_Gilo – Member
    Men doing ironing? WTF?

Yep, I do all of our family ironing.
    Mrs Cat once ironed my Helly Hansen Lifa kit – mmmmmmm….loveley smell, then stuck it all over 2 work shirts. Never let her near an iron again.
    She also painted a stereo, CDs and my shoes when decorating – forgot to put the covers on!
    She’s also banned from Tesco ordering.

Hang on, do I detect a pattern – no wonder I can never get out on my bike.

The only reward for ironing are the £5 & £10 notes I find, plus assorted loose change.

😀

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

To be fair I can iron perfectly well, I had to back in the days of living on my own, but I played the useless male card with my wife when we got together and she’s done it ever since! 😉

mightymule
    Free Member

Bah. Just ironed my work trousers – which now have about eight pleats down the front 👿

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘A question for the girls’ is closed to new replies.