Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • A question for Pollock Park Dog walkers
  • richmtb

Is the one mile loop of dedicated mountain bike trail really that brilliant for walking your dog?

Does your faithful pooch really like slightly worn out jumps and berms?

And why the look of surprise and indignation when you see someone on a mountain bike?

Just wondering like

Gary_M
    Free Member

Do you only ride on the mountain bike trails in pollock park then, never ride any of the other lovely singletrack?

Just wondering like.

mansonsoul
    Free Member

I've noticed this. It's amazing how few people are aware of what is going on around them and are surprised when you ride up to them (not even from behind!). It doesn't bother me though, there are so many people using the park, it's inevitable I suppose.

BoardinBob

I gave up on the designated trails. Given that it's open woodland they could easily walk next to rather than on the trail.

the little mini DH run behind the burrell is the only bit I ride now.

richmtb

Gary – I rode all over the park this morning and the only singletrack i encountered any dog walkers on was the way marked loop!

dustypumpkins

It is quite a problem up there but it's also a problem on the unmarked trails that people ride. If there's somewhere to ride there's somewhere to walk. Whilst I don't mind people being on the non-official mtb trails it does annoy me when they walk/jog/run with or without dogs on the marked trails. I have had words with people before.

Did anyone see the sign that was up ages ago on the national cycle route from city centre out to pollok (number 7 or 75?) that kindly asked bikers to stop for walkers? I was sorely tempted to put my own sign up!

Why is this thread even here? Pollok's rubbish anyway!

Waderider
    Free Member

Pollok's rubbish anyway!

That's a question I was about to ask. As a 'local' I've never been. I use Cathkin Braes and my own network of 'secret' trails round Blantyre and Cambuslang. Would nip out that way if anyone though Pollock was worth the 4 miles on city tarmac to get there.

Is it worth a visit?

BoardinBob

You can waste an hour linking up all the wee bits of hidden singletrack. The run behind the Burrell is brilliant. Very short but packed with roots, rocks, drop offs and a couple of steep sections

richmtb

To be fair the only reason I was there was because I was dropping the missus off at Silverburn. I wouldn't go out of my way to ride it either. I'm in Uddingston so local trails are limitied to what little bits and pieces there are round Bothwell Castle.

Waderider
    Free Member

I use Cathkin Braes and my own network of 'secret' trails round Blantyre and Cambuslang.

Richmtb – A bit megalomanical quoting myself, but the obvious insinuation is there is lots more in the area other than Bothwell Castle. It's secret though so you'll need to find the trails yourself! Top tip – OS maps don't have enough detail, you just need to explore every nook and cranny. Take advantage of Scotlands good access laws.

richmtb

Cheers Waderider, a bit of exploration over the other side of the river then!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘A question for Pollock Park Dog walkers’ is closed to new replies.