Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • A question for Idave or Solo.
  • ton

how safe or good/bad is this product.

Whey Protein

thanks

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

What are you wanting to use it for? Instead of eating real food, or as a suplement?

ton

to use on those lazy mornings when i cant be bothered with cooking.

scottyjohn
    Free Member

Looks to have sugar in so would be a no I think

Solo
    Free Member

Ton.

Hi, hows it going 🙂

Your link doesn’t seem to give me anything.
    However, looking at the text in the link.
    It looks as if you’re viewing the supplements that Mark sells.

My opinion is as follows.
    I relate to Mark’s perspective on lifestyle, including diet, with respect to our evolution, as far as we understand it right now.
    With the assistance of nutritional science and Archeology, etc.

However, with respect to Mark, he has a living to make, like the rest of us.
    so he’s selling Supplements.
    And doing various other activities, conferrences, etc.

For me personally, I do not have a place in my life for powders and things such like.
    I’ll occassionally pop a fish oil capsule for some Omega 3.
    But thats about it.

Am I correct ?.
    Its gonna take me a lifetime to find out.

If you don’t think you’re going to have time in the morning to prep a breakfast.
    Then perhaps do as others have done.
    Make extra of something the night before and keep some in the fridge for the morning.

I happen to be experimenting with an 8 hour window for eating.
    I am skipping breakfast as I do not feel I’m active enough to justify the additional food and I’m just not hungry in the AM.
    I’m not suggesting anyone else do this.
    I’m just sharing.

Short Answer ?.
    Don’t buy it.
    Save your bucks and make something the night before, then store.

😀

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Exactly what Solo says – why give up proper food for nasty stuff, just doesn’t make sense.

IMO the iDiet will not work for you long term as your having to work VERY hard to sustain it. Just normal healthy eating is much easier to sustain over the longer term, and is more fun, isn’t bad for you and doesn’t automatically mean you put weight on.

zilog6128

I’m a big fan of a lot of the advice on Mark’s website. But as Solo says, it’s his business. On the one hand he promotes only eating natural, unprocessed foods but then he also tries to push these supplements. Google it. A lot of people would tell you that a pint of full-fat milk is just as effective as these expensive “protein powders”. IMHO they are only for serious athletes/BBs who NEED the extra protein + calories. If you are trying to lose weight then stay away.

as for brekkie – Mark did a very interested series of articles on Intermittent Fasting (basically skipping brekkie!) which is worth checking out. But how long does it take to scramble a couple of eggs and/or fry up some bacon?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Yeah but what fun is bacon without bread and brown sauce?

zilog6128

bread = bland. Don’t miss it at all, there are a million tastier things to eat.

sauce from a bottle = sugary crap. Make it yourself, much better (and healthier)

ton

Solo, doing great mate, getting near the 3 stone weight loss.
    cant believe how good i feel to be honest, and losing the weight is making what riding i can do a hell of a lot easier.
    think i will leave the protein shake stuff, thanks for the advice.

Solo
    Free Member

Ton.

Good stuff.
    Sometimes this iDiet talk can become, testing.
    But when I read your posts and stuff from Bagstard.
    I’m pleased that you’re getting results.

3 Stone ! 😯

Awesome, just Awesome !.
    😀

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘A question for Idave or Solo.’ is closed to new replies.