Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • A question for grandparents…………..tolerance?
  • ton

all the grandparents on here….
    are you more tolerant with your grandkids than you were with your kids.
    always been very easy going with my kids, but i seem moreso with the grandaughter.
    or is it just that we mellow with age?

MrsToast
    Free Member

I think it’s because you can hand them back! 😛 Not that I’d know, don’t have kids never mind grandkids, value my sanity too much! 😆

andylaightscat
    Free Member

not a grandparent,but my niece/nephew get away with far more than I/sister
    did with them as Mum/Dad,but then again it’s a differant relationship and maybe they’ve learnt from any mistakes they made.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

you big soft bugger 😉

I was pretty laid back with my lads when they were young, but I do believe I’m pretty more tolerant of the grandson – he’s on his way over as we speak 😆

br
    Free Member

Also its less about ‘handing them back’ and more about how you don’t have to live with them day-in/out – according to my mum.

birly-shirly
    Free Member

Bizarre. Most grandparents I know are, yes, more tolerant of their grandkids – but less tolerant of almost everything else in this modern, going to hell in a handcart, world of ours. I wonder whether grandparents were more, or less, tolerant back in the good old days.

Trekster

ton – Member
    all the grandparents on here….
    are you more tolerant with your grandkids than you were with your kids.
    always been very easy going with my kids, but i seem moreso with the grandaughter.
    or is it just that we mellow with age?

Posted 6 hours ago # Report-Post
    No.Treat them just the same. Having said that daughter alwasy complains youngest grandson(5)goes home with a new bad habit of some sort. He has his first mtb, an Islabike and loves it.

Hoping to get up to GT with oldest grandson(coming 13)next Sat. He is daughter-in-laws 1st by prev hubby and was a right pain when younger but is mellowing into a nice lad. He now has 2little sisters(5 & 1wk)so is keen to come and stay with us and get out. atm he is more bmx/jump bike orinentated but is taking a shine to mtbing giving me another excuse to get out 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘A question for grandparents…………..tolerance?’ is closed to new replies.