Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • A question about Surfmatt
  • baronsamedi
    Free Member

Was he banned or did he flounce?

P-Jay
    Free Member

He’s probably still in hiding from the guys who broke in and stole his R32.

ton

got to be honest, I have never read that until now, and I don’t really think it was a flounce.

it was just him saying I wont be posting anymore because the forum is full of ****………..which it was for a time.

and he has not been back, good for him for sticking to his guns.

footflaps

Was that the one he used to teach Lewis Hamilton how to drive in? Or was is Schumacher? Can’t recall, he taught so many world class drivers all they know…

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t believe there has ever been a user called Surfmatt on here.

DezB
    Free Member

Just looked at Cougar’s link. The last post on that thread – what was I on about ?? 😆

P-Jay
    Free Member

footflaps – Member

Was that the one he used to teach Lewis Hamilton how to drive in? Or was is Schumacher? Can’t recall, he taught so many world class drivers all they know…

Ha ha, I don’t know that tale.

I was wondering if it was the same guy. I used to post on ClubGTi for years, there was a poster on there who supposedly had a MK4 R32 back when they were new and worth fortunes, lot of posters were asking for pics, details etc – they were very special back then when most of us were driving around Mk2s worth about £1500, word ‘got around’ that he was fibbing about it – eventually a story emerged that some hoodies broken into his house in the middle of the night and threatened him for the keys etc.

Horrible story, but I think it started to fall apart, he flounced, took up MTB and went over to Bike Radar about the same time as I stopped caring about old Golfs and started to ride myself. Unmistakably the same guy on Bike Radar, same stories, same sniff of the Walt about it.

Don’t know for sure if Surf-Mat is the same guy, but similar name, similar way of winding people up.

footflaps

I thought he drove some large engined BMW…

An R32 wouldn’t have been enough of a car for a man of his skills ego…

pictonroad

I wondered that exact same thing P-Jay, he was a total weapon on Club GTI (and to stand out on there really took some going), knew better than everyone about everything.

Called Matt, had an R32, apparently…

smell_it
    Free Member

I miss ‘tags’.

grahamt1980

No idea but if you are reading this surfmatt you are AWESOME!

jam-bo

he’s a flouncer.
    repeatedly.
    on many forums.

alexxx
    Free Member

5 years! what made you ask? There’s slow Tuesdays and there’s slow Tuesdays!

footflaps

A legend in his own mind!

angeldust
    Free Member

From memory (so possibly wrong), I think he drove a BMW 330d or 335d touring that he called the ‘stealth bomber’. Doofus.

jimmy

It’s never 5 years since he was here? Maybe I’m just thinking of more recent references to him.

leffeboy

there is no escape and some on here know it
    [video]https://youtu.be/Ua9DN8ZXmOw[/video]

njee20
    Free Member

He drove a 335d, how can anyone forget that!? He told you often enough.

Same bloke from Bike Radar, too much coincidence if it wasn’t him on Club GTI. He was certainly ‘into’ cars, and detailing etc, although I never remember him saying anything about an R32. I guess if he had previous he may have been keen to play that down!

He was a highly amusing character. For all the wrong reasons.

ferrals
    Free Member

Haha I wonder if it’s the same bloke that used to post on the msw surf forum, he had some amazing threads on that

bearnecessities

Before my time, and I’m not trying to be a dick here, but before we chuckle and reminisce at the comical madness of a fantasist, he may not have been well? Most fantasists aren’t.

It’s not black and white though and like I say, not trying to be a dick 🙂

maccruiskeen

Reading that thread makes me wonder what happened to Glupton – Is he still here? I can’t keep up.

Cougar

I don’t believe there has ever been a user called Surfmatt on here.

Aside from the, ah, real McCoy, there is both a Surfmatt and a Surfmat on here. Both were “hilarious” parody accounts with something like three posts between them. The latter is banned under the ‘multiple accounts’ clause, the former probably should be also.

maccruiskeen

he may not have been well? Most fantasists aren’t.

More of a braggart than a fantasist it seemed to me

RustySpanner

I hope he wasn’t a fantasist.
    It would just compound the tragedy.

maccruiskeen – Member
    Read that thread makes me wonder what happened to Glupton – Is he still here? I can’t keep up.

Much quieter these days.

Would it be possible to list all previous user names in profiles?
    It would make deciding who to ignore a lot easier.

Cougar

wonder what happened to Glupton – Is he still here?

He’s very banned (originally at his own request IIRC), though he may well still be here under a pseudonym and behaving himself. Generally the problem children tend to out themselves by repeating the behaviour which got them banned in the first place, but if they don’t then hey, they’re behaving at least.

Wanmankylung was his last incarnation, till he got a banhammer for Christmas last year. This is what it says in our logs:

Tis the season,
    To be banning Glupton.
    Fa la la la la,
    La la la bye.

Can’t imagine who wrote that.

nickc

wasn’t he just “massively over-keen” on car threads? my memory of his posts was that he was no worse or better than most of us on here, apart from when it came to cars, at which point he was pretty enthusiastic?

but yeah, I don’t pay attention that that sort of stuff and even I knew he drove a BMW 335 estate.

Dark-Side

I was wondering if it was the same guy. I used to post on ClubGTi for years, there was a poster on there who supposedly had a MK4 R32 back when they were new and worth fortunes, lot of posters were asking for pics, details etc – they were very special back then when most of us were driving around Mk2s worth about £1500, word ‘got around’ that he was fibbing about it – eventually a story emerged that some hoodies broken into his house in the middle of the night and threatened him for the keys etc.

Horrible story, but I think it started to fall apart, he flounced, took up MTB and went over to Bike Radar about the same time as I stopped caring about old Golfs and started to ride myself. Unmistakably the same guy on Bike Radar, same stories, same sniff of the Walt about it.

Don’t know for sure if Surf-Mat is the same guy, but similar name, similar way of winding people up.

My money is on the same guy, this is a recentish post on e90post.com by Sufmatt:

I had a mk4 Golf R32 years ago and that was quite good but since the introduction of the 2.0 4 pot? Just no.

The M135i is the only true enthusiasts hot hatch.

Guess what he drives now 😀

I is still awesum!

njee20
    Free Member

Glupton was a complete pillock. No loss.

Surf_mat was quite funny. He meant well, he wasn’t actually one for arguing all that much, he definitely became one of those people whose card was marked after a couple of really stupid posts.

Cougar

Guess what he drives now

I is still awesum!

Note his member status there…

Dark-Side

Note his member status there…

Yes, it did make me chuckle.

Cougar

Point of order with my <mod> hat on for a moment: Discussion is fine, but name-calling and slagging probably isn’t cricket when people aren’t around to defend themselves. Keep it civil, please.

bearnecessities

More of a braggart than a fantasist it seemed to me

Fair enough, fine line and all that. 🙂

Anyhow, let me tell you about my new watch..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

He’s sorely missed. I always thought this guy can’t be real, he must be trolling, but the fact he “flounced” suggests otherwise. That last post on that thread; absolute gold

I did an intensive Police driving course aged 24 at Portishead, the Avon and Somerset Police HQ and passed the test first time.
    I have been an IAM member for 13 years – I was invited to be a trustee by the MD of the organisation but don’t have time as it involves a lot of travel to London.
    I have had a road test published in a national newspaper.
    I grew up around fast cars – my dad had many including a 928, 308 Gt4, 3 uR Quattros, etc – so a PROPER enthusiast almost from the day I was born.

oldnpastit

We’re still talking about him five years on, so his legend lives on.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I always thought this guy can’t be real, he must be trolling, but the fact he “flounced” suggests otherwise. That last post on that thread; absolute gold

We’re still talking about him five years on, so his legend lives on.

#THIs it was impossible to take hims as serious as he did and the awesome tag has never ever been so deserved

jam-bo

Haha I wonder if it’s the same bloke that used to post on the msw surf forum, he had some amazing threads on that

The very same Matt S, aka polzyboy(?)

I can’t find the MSW thread where he flounced, came back as another login to support himself and then double-flounced when outed. Or something like that.

ferrals
    Free Member

I was thinking of Matt-e-boy, serial flouncer and all round action sports god 😆 same surname though so prob same bloke at different times. A friend of mine knows him in the real world and I think he’s only got issues online

thegreatape
    Free Member

Glupton was having a lot of grief with his ex-wife. And the UFC vs TKD thread got a bit shitty. Hope he got it sorted, I always reckoned he was decent enough. Just blunt sometimes.

pigyn
    Free Member

TJ is still here, Glupton is still here, surfmat is still here. No one leaves stw.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘A question about Surfmatt’ is closed to new replies.