Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • A question about rims
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Hi all.

On my bike I have some Mavic EN521 rims. Are these any good? They do the job just fine but i know bugger all about rims. Are there lighter rims out there at a comparable strength? Which ones? Or just stick with these?

Cheers!

captaindanger

If it ain’t broke don’t fix it!

They are decent rims

jonba
    Free Member

look on the mavic website for details on the range.

They do everything from light weight xc through to full on downhill. There are lighter rims out there and there are stronger rims. But if it ain’t broke?

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Had a pair for about 4 years that have seen plenty abuse and are still good.

If it ain’t broke……oh! Jonba is a step ahead.

shortcut

At 540 grams they are quite heavy and a bit Enduro / free ridey. It largely depends what riding you do.

Changing rims is expensive.

Many on here will tell you to get Stans Arch or Crest at £70 each, you will then need spokes and a build. So not any change out of £200 / £250.

If you want lighter sell your current wheels and buy some new ones maybe a Hope hoops creation for about £300 the pair if you shop around. Going to Stans rims will allow you to save weight by going tubeless.

But it all depends how much spare cash you have and what riding you do and how bothered you are about current wheel weight, and what bike you have.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

[quoteChanging rims is expensive.[/quote]

I’ll do it for you for £10 a wheel if you’re anywhere near Farnborough, Hants. Email in profile. :)]

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘A question about rims’ is closed to new replies.