Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • A question about people with cheery, sunny, positive dispositions….
  • tomhoward

Would your attitude change towards them if said person was a Girl?

The 2 I’m referring to are wimmins.

bencooper
    Free Member

It took me a while to work out what was bugging me, but now I think I’ve worked it out:

The “Brilliant” bloke from the Fast Show is just like Brian Cox but speeded up a bit.

Esme
    Free Member

Did Mr Crabby have salad for lunch, perhaps? 🙄

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

And with those, you just know that they cry themselves to sleep, alone, every night. Filled with self-loathing after binging on chocolate and chardonnay, while watching Rom Coms

Dammit, you’ve just described my Friday nights… Rumbled by binners 😀

cfinnimore
    Free Member

And in my experience, the aforementioned folk are often late 20’s, living at home, no rent or chores or responsibility-still- have an ITV2 related phone wallpaper and **** LOVE “the bants”.

Often drive a fully paid for -by dad-Mini countryman. This includes the guys.

tomhoward

And in my experience, the aforementioned folk are often late 20’s, living at home, no rent or chores or responsibility-still- have an ITV2 related phone wallpaper and **** LOVE “the bants”.

Often drive a fully paid for -by dad-Mini countryman. This includes the guys.

This describes our entire sales support team, bar a few have them having made it into their thirties, a couple into middle age….

Mercifully I work in a different part of the building, with 2 doors and a bridge inbetween

qwerty
    Free Member

Tis a medical condition innit, like depression, but the opposite, they need medication to bring em back down, street grade skag should do it.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

The last guy we had like that was also quite far up the OCD Spectrum.

6 months of moving his pens to the wrong side of the desk or turning his stapler round though 180 degrees brought him back to a semblance of nomality/paranoia.

matt_outandabout

You want to try being Mr cheery in an office full of dour Scots and a Yorkshire woman… 80

brooess
    Free Member

dour Scots

They’ll be even more dour in a few years when they realise Salmond was hiding the figures for a reason 😀

But then the Yorkshire woman should cheer up cos all the jobs will have moved South!

WildHunter2009

I suspect i’m one of the cheery ones. Its a survival mechanism for us geologists, if you can be cheerful spending 14 hrs on some cold wet godforsaken hillside looking at mud the office is easy…..

konabunny
    Free Member

I am literally weeping with laughter at this thread, which is a change from the usual miserable grimace on my pus.

bearnecessities is a genius.

rOcKeTdOg

Oh christ!! They’re even worse!!! Then you get women who describe themselves as ‘bubbly’!!

I thought “bubbly” was code for “fat”

JoeG
    Free Member

jota180
    Free Member

There’s a woman like that in our office – thankfully, I don’t go there much as it’s miles away.
    I’m the new boy there so I get targeted for extra cheeriness.

…….. and no, like almost everyone else in the office, Hollywood Bowl followed by Pizza Hut is not something I’m likely to put my name down for.

When down at the office last and staying in a hotel, said cheery woman wouldn’t take no for an answer and came and got me. 😯

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

While we’re on a workplace murdering spree, can we tackle the bottom feeders too? You know, the ‘I I **** hate this place’ brigade?

Go and work somewhere else so I don’t have to listen to your shite.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I got a verbal warning once as I was complained about for telling a “victim of employment” to “just leave then” every single time they said “I hate working here”.

My offensive nature offended him A HIM!

This was in retail.

binners

Well he’s surpassed himself this morning. Mr smiley, happy Surrey simpleton has just breezed in, and as part of his annoyingly upbeat morning greetings, asked my colleague, who has a broad scouse accent, to the total incredulity of all in the room, which part of Scotland she’s from?

****ing southerners!!!

weeksy

binners – Member

Well he’s surpassed himself this morning. Mr smiley, happy Surrey simpleton has just breezed in, and as part of his annoyingly upbeat morning greetings, asked my colleague, who has a broad scouse accent, to the total incredulity of all in the room, which part of Scotland she’s from?

****ing southerners!!!

Come work here, I’ve been in an hour and not spoken yet.

Bregante

[video]http://youtu.be/6Td8hMgKJUU[/video]

Marmoset
    Free Member

For god’s sake Binners, don’t even consider holidaying in Oz then. 99.9% of people here will quite happily engage in chatting with a total stranger in a cheerful manner whilst enquiring about one’s health and well being, it’s a total contrast to Manchester, must be weather related… 8)

slowoldman

For god’s sake Binners, don’t even consider holidaying in Oz then. 99.9% of people here will quite happily engage in chatting with a total stranger in a cheerful manner whilst enquiring about one’s health and well being

Sounds like hell.

Marmoset
    Free Member

It would be for a Manc, their suspicion chip would burn out within a day I reckon! 😀

fasthaggis

bikebouy
    Free Member

weeksy – Member

binners – Member

****ing southerners!!!

Nahhh, Come work here, I’ve been on 4 conference calls, it’s not 10am yet, I’ve missed breakfast and yet I’m still a happy Suvverner.

*hops off to Kruger for yummy things.

I went to Manchester once to drop off my then Ex at Uni, was greeted with a scummy yoof handbreak turning his shagged out Nova in front of the Uni entrance on the street.

Ohh how I laughed, I’d never seen a car handbrake turned before.

mogrim

Mr smiley, happy Surrey simpleton has just breezed in, and as part of his annoyingly upbeat morning greetings, asked my colleague, who has a broad scouse accent, to the total incredulity of all in the room, which part of Scotland she’s from?

Thing is, once you’ve crossed the Thames it all starts to blend into a long, unremitting, grey dreariness, and trying to tell the gloomy natives apart is an exercise in futility. If they’d just cheer up a bit and stop mumbling it might be easier!

gonzy
    Free Member

i dedicate this song to you Binners…
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Sxv-sUYtM[/video]

binners

Oh Christ! He’s back in the office. He’s not been in for a while. I’d happily blanked his up-beat sunny existence out of my mind. Its Wednesday FFS!! and I’ve had to put up with his irritating cheerfulness all bloody morning. I’d possibly forgive him if it was Friday afternoon. Or long liquid lunches were involved. But theres just no excuse for it!

Its like working with Joey ****ing Essex!!! A happy simpleton, merrily chortling away to himself, taking delight in life simple pleasures.

Can I kill him? Purleez can I kill him?

lilchris
    Free Member

I sympathise with you binners.
    We have a new receptionist who fits the above stereotype. Thankfully she’s at the other end of the office, so I can often hear her spreading her poisonous cheer on her way too me, giving me chance to sneak out for a coffee.

My normal days are like this however, and it’s great.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I’m working at home today.

I’m a miserable bastard.

The wife is full of cold so is miserable too.

It’s bliss. Absolute bliss!

thered

I love these people and would happily fill my office with them if i could.

weeksy

thered – Member

I love these people and would happily fill my office with them if i could.

Just so you can fill it with poisonous gas ?

maccruiskeen

Joey ****ing Essex

Is that the long awaited sequel to Debby Does Dallas?

Anyway, I’m glad he’s back as I didn’t spot Bear’s rather superb fax gag first time round

zippykona

Our newest member of staff used to work at Sotherbys and they were forbidden to talk in the office. Any sort of merriment got you an email from the boss 10 feet away.
    There’s definitely a few vacancies there for any of you miseries.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Oh Christ! He’s back in the office. He’s not been in for a while.

probably been off with depression.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘A question about people with cheery, sunny, positive dispositions….’ is closed to new replies.