Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • A question about mirrors
  • eth3er
    Free Member

Can you turn a two way mirror into a one way mirror by painting one of the sides?

RealMan
    Free Member

Yes, but you’d have to be careful about which side.

eth3er
    Free Member

Paint the side with the film?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Do you own a guest house in Scarborough?

sweepy
    Free Member

what the hell is a two way mirror?

RealMan
    Free Member

A two way mirror allows what, like 20% of light to pass through it one way, reflecting the rest, and the other way it doesn’t let any light through (maybe a little).

So if you paint the side you can see through, you should just have an ordinary mirror on the other side. I’d probably do a test on a small sample first though, I’m wondering if you’d be better off using white or black paint (if it would make a difference).

A one-way mirror, also known as a two-way mirror, one-way glass, or two-way glass is a mirror which is partially reflective and partially transparent

Beautifully confusing.

sweepy
    Free Member

so a two way mirror is a one way mirror, a one way mirror is one way glass, and one way glass is two way glass, or a two way mirror.
    And a mirror is just a mirror.
    So you cant make a two way mirror a one way mirror, because it already is one.

eth3er
    Free Member

Nothing seedy as a Scarborough guesthouse, I have a 1m x 1m double glazing unit i’m thinking of turning into an infinity mirror.

RealMan
    Free Member
    eth3er
    Free Member

I’ve made one, I’m currently making one as a commission. I saw that double glazing unit and thought that’d be interesting because it is huge.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘A question about mirrors’ is closed to new replies.